2013 4wd XLT Ordered | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2013 4wd XLT Ordered

Another possibility for a Kodiak Brown Explorer is "Clyde", the largest Kodiak Brown Bear to ever live (from North Dakota).

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Look at number 3 of the definition of Monarch....

mon·arch   [mon-erk, -ahrk] Show IPA
noun
1. A hereditary sovereign, as a king, queen, or emperor.

2. A sole and absolute ruler of a state or nation.

3. a person or thing that holds a dominant position: a monarch of international shipping.

4.monarch butterfly.

I like the sales effort going on here. Still am stuck with the butterfly though. .

Any fans of Robot Chicken? My warped sense of humor is reminded of this:

Instead of Bruce, how about Gary? LOL
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cizlx6ODhuE

Love those. Totally great stuff. Robot Chicken is epic and at the top of their game when they are riffing Star Wars.

BTW - does your Explorer have particularly bad aim?

Looks like my new ride was born yesterday according to Etis. Nothing on the sync site yet, but I will keep checking. Don't know what this will do for delivery date, but neat that it exists now.

Those are some cool pictures. Even though a few have some creative photo-shopping, Ford takes a lot of photos and films a lot of commercials in Mammoth...
Looks like my new ride was born yesterday...
I’m with you on that one, Mondak! It’s almost like the Explorer was designed to be gorgeous in the wilderness. ;)

BTW, break out cigars! I confirmed your order was “born” and is already in transit. :thumbsup: The ETA to the dealer is currently 08-12-12, but this is still subject to change.

I like Yogi :thumbsup:...
"Fozzie" would be another good name, too...
Another possibility for a Kodiak Brown Explorer is "Clyde", the largest Kodiak Brown Bear to ever live (from North Dakota).
VinceL & RonJrSVCMGR,

I love seeing all the creative Kodiak Brown name suggestions, guys! I like the name “Fozzie.” :D

All this talk about bears deserves a mention for the “Great Outdoors” badge! Grab it here:

http://www.Social.Ford.com/grab-a-badge/great+outdoors

Cory

Pretty cool stuff Cory. Thanks. I am excited to get it for sure. This morning on the way to the office, my odometer clicked over to 200,000 on the Jeep so it is certainly time.

I don't think I can abide "Fozzy" for a name of the Explorer. Lets say that the truck was raised and had those huge Steel ARB bumpers the crazy after market suspension etc. Then it would be tough enough to have an ironic wimpy name like that. But for all the current generation of Explorer's qualities, it is not the toughest looking SUV in the world. I don't want to give it a complex early in life with a non-tough name.

At best, the name will have to be neutral if not a little bit compensating for the simple fact that the Explorer is a "pretty" SUV. I am not saying it can't go off road, I am just saying it is a very nice looking ride.

I am leaning toward Henry (duh), Norman (silent brother on the Northwestern if you watch Deadliest Catch), or Walter (named after a Mammoth Ski patroler who died a couple years ago). None over tough, but also not to mushy.

I am still open to suggestions, but won't name it until I get it.

In the home stretch. Very cool. I thought I would be more patient, but I am quite excited.
THIS happened to the Jeep last Thursday.
200kodo.jpg

Time to move onward and upward.

Pretty cool stuff Cory. Thanks. I am excited to get it for sure...
Mondak,

Well then you should get a bit more excited about this news: My tracker updated to show the ETA bumped up a day (08-11-12)! As always, this date is subject to change.

Cory

Mondak,

Well then you should get a bit more excited about this news: My tracker updated to show the ETA bumped up a day (08-11-12)! As always, this date is subject to change.

Cory

Awesome! Not sure if this will work for the dealer or not, so I will see what they say about when I can pick it up. I bought it through my credit union and I am not sure if they will let me take delivery on a weekend or not.

Awesome! Not sure if this will work for the dealer or not, so I will see what they say about when I can pick it up...
You’re going to like the PM I just sent you, Mondak; see your inbox for the details! :D

Cory

Ok. I had to wait until yesterday to pick it up due to the way I bought it, but I got it at noon and I like it very much.

One thing that is tough to tell is that Kodiak Brown is like impossible to photograph. No, it doesn't look anything like the photoshops on the Ford site. It looks black at first glance like in the picture. But at the right angle, you can really see the brown with the metallic flake really popping out.

I'll keep trying to get it right, but thought I would post something. Took this picture this morning in front of my house. I have some others I'll post, but wanted to get something up.

Still no name. Has not struck me yet.

Ok. I had to wait until yesterday to pick it up due to the way I bought it, but I got it at noon and I like it very much.

Took this picture this morning in front of my house. I have some others I'll post, but wanted to get something up.

Holy crap, you have a nice front yard! And that is one looooong driveway you have in the background :)

Car is looking sharp!

One thing that is tough to tell is that Kodiak Brown is like impossible to photograph. No, it doesn't look anything like the photoshops on the Ford site. It looks black at first glance like in the picture. But at the right angle, you can really see the brown with the metallic flake really popping out.

I'll keep trying to get it right, but thought I would post something. Took this picture this morning in front of my house. I have some others I'll post, but wanted to get something up.

Niiiice! You're correct... it's impossible to capture this color in any way that will do it justice. Congrats on the new Ex!

Just imagine how long it takes me to shovel it this winter!

I just hope you don't get as much snow as we used to get in Oceanside and Vista, that was some crazy stuff in winter time :D

All kidding aside though, the primary mission of this vehicle is as a Mammoth Mountain transport. It will see plenty of the white stuff come November.

Sounds like perfect picture taking opportunities!

Back