2013 xlt | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2013 xlt

UPDATE: My dealer e-mailed me today and says production should be on time (same information I got from Cory) so I'm still looking at a build date of 7/23. No window sticker yet, probably next week. My dealer said the ETA is 8/6 and that he'll be keeping his fingers crossed that it comes early! Ha! He's been really great! I would definitely buy from them again!
So...here's my timeline so far...going to be right at the 8-9 week mark when it's all said and done.
Ordered: 6/8
VIN: 6/28
Estimated Build Date: 7/23
Estimated Delivery: 8/6

It's been a long wait, but the end is in sight!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Did you get the second row buckets on your ex?

Mech, regretfully no. I wish I would have, but I didn't think too hard about that feature.

...No window sticker yet, probably next week. My dealer said the ETA is 8/6 and that he'll be keeping his fingers crossed that it comes early! Ha! He's been really great! I would definitely buy from them again!...
The window sticker URL usually shows up about a week before the scheduled build date, JUtecht; I still predict an update this Tuesday for you. :D

I’m also crossing my fingers that it comes early!

Did you get the second row buckets on your ex?
mech,

It’s a bit off topic, but I got word the 2nd Row Bucket Seats for the XLT are available now! :)

Cory

The window sticker URL usually shows up about a week before the scheduled build date, JUtecht; I still predict an update this Tuesday for you. :D

I’m also crossing my fingers that it comes early!

mech,

It’s a bit off topic, but I got word the 2nd Row Bucket Seats for the XLT are available now! :)

Thats very interesting to hear Cory. My dealer (Overseas Military Sales) advised me yesterday that they were still on restriction and that i would miss my aug 01 delivery date. I trust you much more than them, but now im at a loss of what to do.

Cory

Thats very interesting to hear Cory. My dealer (Overseas Military Sales) advised me yesterday that they were still on restriction and that i would miss my aug 01 delivery date. I trust you much more than them, but now im at a loss of what to do.
mech,

I sent you a follow-up; please see your inbox for the details.

Cory

No window sticker yet...starting to get nervous. If my build date is 7/23 does that mean during the week of 7/23 or that they start building on the 23rd? I haven't gotten my window sticker yet to confirm EXACT date.

UPDATE: My dealer e-mailed me today and says production should be on time (same information I got from Cory) so I'm still looking at a build date of 7/23. No window sticker yet, probably next week. My dealer said the ETA is 8/6 and that he'll be keeping his fingers crossed that it comes early! Ha! He's been really great! I would definitely buy from them again!
So...here's my timeline so far...going to be right at the 8-9 week mark when it's all said and done.
Ordered: 6/8
VIN: 6/28
Estimated Build Date: 7/23
Estimated Delivery: 8/6

It's been a long wait, but the end is in sight!

I just got a call from my dealer. Sounds like my build date is the same day as yours. He said the build date is 7/23 with an ETA of 7/30.

Here's my timeline:
Order date: 6/18
Vin: 6/28
Build Date: 7/23
ETA 7/30

Dealer says that Ford has not missed an ETA yet this year. :)

Thank goodness my dealer has been so good at keeping me informed. I've checked etis and researchmaniacs and they show nothing.

No window sticker yet...starting to get nervous...
Don’t be nervous, JUtecht! I confirmed with my tracker your order is still going smoothly. :D I have a “knack” for calling the window sticker update day; start checking tomorrow! :):thumbsup:

I just got a call from my dealer. Sounds like my build date is the same day as yours...
FischerRA,

You’re right; the two production schedules are close! Maybe they’ll see each other in passing at the plant. LOL Do you have the window sticker URL memorized yet? ;)

Code:
http://fordlabels.webview.biz/webviewhybrid/WindowSticker.aspx?vin=<Insert VIN Here>

Cory

LOL Fischer! I just posted on your Thread almost the exact same thing! Great minds think alike!! Ha!

Thanks for all the updating Cory, I've been checking for my window sticker all week! Patience is a virtue I do not behold! Ha!

...Thanks for all the updating Cory, I've been checking for my window sticker all week! Patience is a virtue I do not behold! Ha!
You got it, JUtecht! Full disclosure: I’d be in the same boat if the roles were reversed!

BTW, I might install an auto-refresh add-on/extension in my favorite browser. I’m just saying. :D

Cory

Don’t be nervous, JUtecht! I confirmed with my tracker your order is still going smoothly. :D I have a “knack” for calling the window sticker update day; start checking tomorrow! :):thumbsup:

FischerRA,

You’re right; the two production schedules are close! Maybe they’ll see each other in passing at the plant. LOL Do you have the window sticker URL memorized yet? ;)

Code:
http://fordlabels.webview.biz/webviewhybrid/WindowSticker.aspx?vin=<Insert VIN Here>

Cory

My window sticker showed up this morning. However, the build date does not show yet in etis!

My window sticker showed up this morning. However, the build date does not show yet in etis!

Etis won't update with a build date until your car is actually manufactured. Ours took a day or two to update with the build. We are able to see the actual build date first by signing up at Syncmyride.com and checking on the installations page.

I just received my window sticker. My build date is 7/25!! Everything looks perfect on it!

That’s awesome, FischerRA! Now you can give that refresh button a rest. ;) Your order should roll off the line next week.

...Ours took a day or two to update with the build. We are able to see the actual build date first by signing up at Syncmyride.com and checking on the installations page.
Thanks a bunch for lending a hand, VinceL! :)

I just received my window sticker. My build date is 7/25!! Everything looks perfect on it!
JUtecht,

In case you missed my other post, your Explorer is in production as I type! :D

Cory

Thanks Cory! Seeing that window sticker has got me excited and will stave me off for a few more weeks until it's delivered!

I am hoping production wrapped up just fine on my X, in fact, I'm hoping for a little earlier delivery date--as we had plans to go out of town to a friend's wedding the 4th, and may not be able to make the trip if the car doesn't get here. Fingers crossed everyone, fingers crossed!! No update on ETIS or Syncmyride as of yet though...

Both ETIS and SyncMy Ride have updated, I'm hoping to have possession by this time next week! As hard as it was to wait in the beginning, I think it's even harder closer to the date. Let the countdown begin...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

...I'm hoping to have possession by this time next week!...
Be sure to take deep breaths, JUtecht. ;) My tracker updated with an ETA to the dealer of 08/10/12, but that’s still subject to change.

Cory

Back