2013 Explorer or wait for the 2016? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2013 Explorer or wait for the 2016?

There are always these people on forums that get "the world's best deal". That and $6.82 will get you a cup of coffee at Starbucks!

I can see that can of deal being offered since the poster indicates he is from northern New England and has FWD.

I can see that can of deal being offered since the poster indicates he is from northern New England and has FWD.

Not all of New England drive 4wd vehicles.... I've driven 2wd cars since the early 80's and have survived many blizzards. Front Wheel Drive is actually pretty good in plowed road snow and inclement weather.

Key to winter driving = good tires & skill. I make no attempt to forrage through unplowed roads; that's what the F250 4WD is for.

Regarding the incentives: Each dealer is different. Research your area for incentives; Military Vet, Law Enforcement/First Responder, Lease turn in/switch, ect... Most dealers do not make money on the sale price but on volume and moving what is on the lot. Reasearch the industry and how it makes $$, you'd be surprised.

There are always those on the forum that realized they aren't as wise a consumer as they though they were. ;)

Not all of New England drive 4wd vehicles.... I've driven 2wd cars since the early 80's and have survived many blizzards. Front Wheel Drive is actually pretty good in plowed road snow and inclement weather.

Key to winter driving = good tires & skill. I make no attempt to forrage through unplowed roads; that's what the F250 4WD is for.

Regarding the incentives: Each dealer is different. Research your area for incentives; Military Vet, Law Enforcement/First Responder, Lease turn in/switch, ect... Most dealers do not make money on the sale price but on volume and moving what is on the lot. Reasearch the industry and how it makes $$, you'd be surprised.

There are always those on the forum that realized they aren't as wise a consumer as they though they were. ;)

I keep it simple. I pay cash. Give them my offer and tell them I am in no rush to buy and will spend the next couple of months shopping all the nearby dealerships and private sales if need be. I give the sales person 20 minutes to get their manager to accept my offer or I walk. I only buy used, and they will generally take a low offer to move inventory and make the monthly payroll since dealerships usually lowball the person they bought it used from and got a great deal themselves. This is only if I can't find a better deal in a private sale. With the internet taking off, dealers are much more competitive with private sellers. Used be be private sales were the only way to go used, but not any more.

And, while you may have a spare 4WD, I'm sure it did not hurt you in negotiating FWD available in AWD in snow country.

Back