BD's 2000 Explorer Limited | Page 37 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

BD's 2000 Explorer Limited

2000 Explorer Limited

-Picked her up (10/13/2010)
-140,093 miles when I test drove it
-5.0 V8, AWD
-Pearl White
-Dark grey leather interior

My dream explorer basically, no more old ones, no more sports, I finally have an Explorer that I love everything about!

I absolutely love the limited, its got:
-Seats w/ headrests
-Memory power seats
-Heated/Puddle mirrors
-Better mirror without all the buttons, just the slider
-Painted to match bumpers and grille
-Woodgrain radio bezel
-Digital HVAC controls
-And its got the homelink visor with a nifty little voice recorder that I will probably never use LOL

And alot more, but im just in awe over its nice features compared to my previous rides. They even recently (In the past few months) had a brand new hitch installed and the trailer harness all wired up.

I dont have any set plans for this one yet, I do have hopes and dreams though, and im stoked about the V8 that has so many options.

Dream list:
-Torque Monster headers
-Custom Tune
-LED tails (Something custom maybe, I just need to study up on resistors and whatnot)
-BMW projectors in a blacked out housing

It does have a few problems that id like some help with, (Fixed all, besides this one)
1. The blower only works when its on all the way high, (Same thing in my grandam, but it was the blower motor resistor then everything worked great) is that a common problem on the digital HVACs?

"For sure" plans include:
-New rims, id like to get a nice 5-spoke set of 20's with a beefy tire
-Paint job in the spring, black
-Some interior accents (Id like todo another metallic blue color like I did in my grandam)

He was asking 3400$ in the ad, but I talked him and his wife down to 2900$ because I was pointing all the little problems out that I mentioned above.

I didnt get a chance to really take any pictures, as it was raining, and almost dark by the time I got home.

10-13-201011-32-20PM.png

IMG_1254.jpg

IMG_1255.jpg

I was bored on the way home so I took some random "driving" pictures :D

IMG_1252.jpg

My friend was driving my Grand Am in front of me, I have a Avic-F700BT in there that will also be going into the Explorer, he was using the GPS to get us back home

I was extremely happy also, I was averaging 16.2 MPG driving with a decently heavy foot getting the feel for the V8 I was controlling :D

IMG_1251.jpg

Edit- 1/21/11
New parts!

Hubs
Tie rod ends
Lower ball joints
Upper ball joints (Control arms)
Tires: Firestone Destination A/T's 255/70/R16's
Brake Pads

Soon:
Slotted (And drilled maybe) Rotors
Better pads
New shocks
Leafs
Shackles
Amsoil (In everything!)
Rebuilding tranny (And possibly a valve body kit)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

With all this talk about hugs, 'I'll come to you', handling rough, and trying to hit it in the middle and get both- I think PM's are soon in order... :D

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

SMARTASS!

:D

Good one though, I swear its all about my X though, (On my end at least :p:)

Brad, are leaf springs hard to get off, and would it be smartest todo them while we lower it? Where would I take the to get re-arched?

Well I know a lot of shops in my area to get them re-done, but a quick google you should be able to find somewhere down there...

And Joe, I think you're just jealous that I don't talk to you that way.. XD

Well I know a lot of shops in my area to get them re-done, but a quick google you should be able to find somewhere down there...

And Joe, I think you're just jealous that I don't talk to you that way.. XD

You'll find someone down there, alright... Especially at the Motel 6 in Monroe... You want mint for pillow?

m6_4409_ext.jpg

That hotel is like 40$ a night and it was just redone...its actually decent if your not looking for something fancy and with a pool :p:

I get off 75 right there to the right of it to goto work and school

Not finding any results on the leafs :(

Would a place that does suspension do something like that? Or is it a dedicated leaf spring type shop?

Lol bear with me here, this isnt my most knowledgable area :D

Got my hole drilled just now. Gotta work though, and im assuming the easiest way to run wire with the Dynamat would be to take it out, then cut the hole through the mat?

2011-04-20161028.jpg

So im not wiring anything just yet.

That hotel is like 40$ a night and it was just redone...its actually decent if your not looking for something fancy and with a pool :p:

I get off 75 right there to the right of it to goto work

Got my hole drilled just now

this is where I have to walk away giggling... :D

As long as you weren't laying on the dynamat, all's well that end's well.:D

Great joe you have me cracking up at work and geting dirty looks by my customers

Damn you Joe, and your ingeniousness. :p

Brian, make sure you put your wire ON TOP of the mat, I know a guy that did it underneath the mat and it got corroded and his whole electrical system in the car fried... Was pretty funny, don't like that guy so much.. XD

Yea I definitely wouldnt put wires under it. Its funny, because I was just sitting here last night wondering about getting it under the wire harnesses.

So I decided that the LS is gonna get parted out, or sold as-is; im not letting my mom drive it anymore, were going to the dealer this week and shes gonna get a 2010, or 2011 Focus and im just gonna help out with the payments. That means I get to drive it to work and whatnot, saving me a sh*t-ton of gas too:D

But when we were browsing around at the dealer, I could help but to sit in one of these babys!
2011-04-22141438.jpg

2011-04-22141430.jpg

It was SO amazing! Everything felt so great, and "tight" (Yes Joe, it felt tight :p:) I wish I could have test drove it, or even started it up :)

This made me sad though, mines so much smaller :(
2011-04-22193415.jpg

2011-04-22193435.jpg

FatMat came! :D
2011-04-22223901.jpg

I have all of the back done, and all of the front passenger side done, now I just have to take both front seats out again and get under there. I should need just over a good steady hour. That stuff is alot harder to put on than it seems, with all the random dips and ledges on our X'es floors, its a PITA. But its so worth it, I only had the back done yesterday and drove around and it was already so much quieter.

While I was down there in front, I did the throttle cable mod too, I got 2 big zips on there, and could probably use a 3rd smaller one (Yikes it was stretched out)

And I was facing the opposite way lol

That sign really needs to be on the back of your shirt if you're going to hang around the Motel 6... :shifty_ey

IM DONE! (Running my wires, and laying my FatMat) And thank god, I have about enough left for all the doors I think. This stuff is addicting after hearing the difference of only having the back done, I cant wait to drive it now that its ALL done, along with the carpet and front seats back in.

(Leaving the back seats out for now, I RARELY ever use them, and if need be, I can throw them in and have them installed in under 15 minutes) They make up almost as much weight as my box so it might help a little.

We have tornado warnings/watches going, its been HOT and SUNNY today, then cold, muggy and rainy, then back to just blah weather, then HOT again. Now the sky is just dark blue and its windy as hell. Needless to say, im done for the day, I was hoping to get to the JY to grab that Blower Motor Controller from my old neighbors wrecked EB I had pics up awhile ago, but they close at 5. (Rollover; now its at the JY I goto.)

2011-04-26150206.jpg

2011-04-26150214.jpg

2011-04-26150221.jpg

2011-04-26152108.jpg

2011-04-26152114.jpg

2011-04-26153054.jpg

Excellent Brian, well done. That may be just the right type to use price wise, there are so many brands etc. How much did it take to do the whole truck, and did you do the back hatch also?

Back