2013 Explorer Sport Ordered | Page 7 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2013 Explorer Sport Ordered

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Crystal, I Pm'd you recently but my dealer updated me today, so you can disregard mine. Said my explorer is at local train hub, said should be between 2 & 4 days

Hey gang!

Just a heads up that I've been out sick the past few days but I'm officially back in the saddle now! Bear with me while I catch up on my PMs; I'll get back with you as quickly as I can. :D

Crystal

Oh no! I hope you are feeling better. Being sick is NO fun :(

Wiex what did they offer you short term rates?

I just took a 5 year loan with Ford Credit for a high rate and refinanced two weeks later with PenFed for 1.49%. The Ford rate wasn't important to me because I didn't intend to keep it. Dealers may lead you to believe that you need to keep the Ford loan for three or four months if you take the Ford Credit rebate, but that is not true unless something has changed in the last three months.

Just heard from the dealer that my sport is delayed. They said a part is on back order. Not sure what that means, but new estimate is next week.

Anyone else being told a part is on backorder?

Just heard from the dealer that my sport is delayed. They said a part is on back order. Not sure what that means, but new estimate is next week.

Anyone else being told a part is on backorder?

nope!

It's almost here.

After almost 3 months, mine is scheduled to be here on the 25th.

25th ETA as well

just finished emissions and safety certificate on my current ride (10 years is a long time ) and picked up the husky liners , now wait for this tuesday !

Hey everyone!

I know some of you are experiencing a bit of a delay when it comes to the delivery of your new Explorers. Keep in mind that when ordering a new vehicle, your dealership's allocation plays a part in when your vehicle will be scheduled for production. You can reach out to your sales rep for information on allocation.

Additionally, we have experienced a huge demand for the Explorer and our folks at the plant are working hard to keep up with the steady stream of orders. As I hope you know by now, I'm happy to provide you with weekly updates on your order's status. You can also contact your dealership or our Customer Relationship Center at 1-800-392-3673 for assistance.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Crystal

Thanks to Crystal (the Best) I have an ETA of Feb. 26th also.That would make 8 weeks for me.

Can anyone explain to me why custom orders take a back seat to random Sport builds to accomodate "dealer allocation"? I'm beyond frustrated at this process. There are random Sports listed on eBay right now as my wife & I sit here, 13 weeks later, waiting. It's pretty clear Ford has forgotten who their real customers are. As a manufacturer's rep in the medical industry, if I treated my accounts this way I'd be unemployed.

Iceman, I think you need to blame your dealer not Ford itself. I definitely feel for you I know how hard it is to wait, although you have waited longer than most. My vehicle arrived at train depot 50 miles away from where I live, since Monday, it's supposedly suppose to be at dealer for me by Friday which puts it at 9 weeks and 1 day. I ordered it the week before Christmas from what I know order didn't go in til first week of January or so. It was built on February 5th. So ford did me well. I think your dealer has low priority. Hope your car comes soon!

Hi Everyone. I just wanted to send a quick post and let you know that we received our '13 EX Sport! Kudos to Crystal and Cory for keeping us updated while we waited. :thumbsup:

I've been driving it for 3 days now and I have to say my favorite feature is the SYNC. I can change the radio station, update the nav system with a new destination and make sure my climate settings are right without looking away from the road. It is really great! :D

I'll post pics this weekend!

Lorie and Scott in AZ

Hi Everyone. I just wanted to send a quick post and let you know that we received our '13 EX Sport! Kudos to Crystal and Cory for keeping us updated while we waited. :thumbsup:

I've been driving it for 3 days now and I have to say my favorite feature is the SYNC. I can change the radio station, update the nav system with a new destination and make sure my climate settings are right without looking away from the road. It is really great! :D

I'll post pics this weekend!

Lorie and Scott in AZ

Yay! Great news, Lorie and Scott. I'll look forward to seeing your pictures!

Crystal

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back