• Register Today It's free!

2013 Limited - magnaflow.

chaneya

Reaction score
City, State
Cincinnati, OH
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer
So I just got my Limited last Monday. 3 days later, I had a Magnaflow catback installed. It's funny how I'm getting about 1.5 MPG less now with it installed! ;) Obviously, I'm spending more time with my foot deeper into the pedal becasue of the sound. It makes a nice low growl at about 3500 and really screams up around 5500.

It's definitely noticable, even over the stereo at mid-level volume. If you're not a fan of the drone, leave the OEM pipes installed.

Any day now, should receive the K&N intake.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Need video clip now. LOL

I second that! We wanna hear it :)

pics and video!! thx

So I just got my Limited last Monday. 3 days later, I had a Magnaflow catback installed. It's funny how I'm getting about 1.5 MPG less now with it installed! ;) Obviously, I'm spending more time with my foot deeper into the pedal becasue of the sound. It makes a nice low growl at about 3500 and really screams up around 5500.

It's definitely noticable, even over the stereo at mid-level volume. If you're not a fan of the drone, leave the OEM pipes installed.

Any day now, should receive the K&N intake.
I just installed a Magnaflow cat-back system on my 2011 Ranger (4.0L, 4x4). Sounds great! However.... I get a chattering sound coming from the system (I think) when it heats to operating temp - about 15 minutes on the road. I am wondering if I have a weld that's opening up as it gets hot...Any thoughts?

i'd also like to see some pics and vids as well.

I just picked up a 2013 XLT last month and looking at things to do to it too.

thanks,

John

Let us know how the K&N Intake works for you. Another member (Razziel24) installed it and didn't really notice an increase in MPG's.

Awesome, I have both the magna catback and the k&N intake, great combo !!!
Love the growl...

Back