2013 Limited with 2nd row bench? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2013 Limited with 2nd row bench?

Rick_R

Reaction score
Hi all, new user here.

I am in the market for a new family vehicle and after a long research I got the Explorer near the top of my list, however I have a question for you experts:

I visited a dealer a few weeks ago who told me that the Limited comes *exclusively* with bucket seats, and that no such thing exists as a Limited with a second row bench seat.

Is that true? I can easily configure a Limited with bench seats on the Ford website, but I' thinking maybe that salesman is on to something that I don't know...

Thanks in advance for your help.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Not true. Many of us have Limiteds with 2nd row bench.

Time to visit another dealership. Sounds like they are trying to upsale you.

Nope, my '13 Limited has the bench 2nd row.

2nd row buckets are a $750 upgrade over the bench. If you want arm rest console between the buckets seats add another $100.

I actually wanted the 2nd row buckets and had a hard time finding one. Most of Limiteds on the lots had Benches!

I ordered my 2013 Limited, (302A pkg), with the second row bench w/o any problem. Yes, it comes with the fold down armrest too. You're being BS'ed.

:scratch:

My 2013 limited has bench seats too. I would think that the dealer wants to sell you what he has and not look for what you want.

Thanks everyone, good to know that's an option.

I think the dealer in question was just a bit ignorant. It also took him 5 minutes to sort out the folding 3rd row...

I think what the dealer probably means is the pull down center drink holder is only available on the Limited. Maybe he calls a bench seat "buckets" when the drink holder is down!?

Hi all, new user here.

I am in the market for a new family vehicle and after a long research I got the Explorer near the top of my list, however I have a question for you experts:

I visited a dealer a few weeks ago who told me that the Limited comes *exclusively* with bucket seats, and that no such thing exists as a Limited with a second row bench seat.

Is that true? I can easily configure a Limited with bench seats on the Ford website, but I' thinking maybe that salesman is on to something that I don't know...

Thanks in advance for your help.

LOL sounds like the salesman was trying to get you to buy one of the cars on the lot that happens to be configured with buckets. The limited absolutely comes w/ a bench seat (actually is standard), and the buckets are an option. Also to note the buckets do not have arm rests, while the bench has a fold down arm rest in the middle. If you want arm rests on the bucket seats you will have to spring for the optional 2nd row center console as well.

In my opinion, the bench in the second row IS attached buckets with a fold down arm rest, unless you are planning on three small teenagers or two adults and an 8 year old. Whoever gets stuck in the middle ends up with two huge seat belt receptacles in their cheeks.... We went with the buckets with the center console and are SOOO happy with our purchase. The buckets fold up with the push of a button. So much easier than the bench to fold up (especially for the Mrs. and my 11 year old).

In my opinion, the bench in the second row IS attached buckets with a fold down arm rest, unless you are planning on three small teenagers or two adults and an 8 year old. Whoever gets stuck in the middle ends up with two huge seat belt receptacles in their cheeks.... We went with the buckets with the center console and are SOOO happy with our purchase. The buckets fold up with the push of a button. So much easier than the bench to fold up (especially for the Mrs. and my 11 year old).

+1. No one should have any illusions that this is a 7 adult passenger vehicle. It is 6 adults and one individual with a posterior less than like 9 or 10" wide (someone measured a while back and I can't remember what the number was, lol). The narrow bottom gets the middle second row position.

Those thick doors on the Ex really eat up the interior room.

LOL sounds like the salesman was trying to get you to buy one of the cars on the lot that happens to be configured with buckets. The limited absolutely comes w/ a bench seat (actually is standard), and the buckets are an option. Also to note the buckets do not have arm rests, while the bench has a fold down arm rest in the middle. If you want arm rests on the bucket seats you will have to spring for the optional 2nd row center console as well.

That "optional" console costs $100 at time of build or $1,000 to do it after you already own it... Do it up front...

Back