Return From Glamis Carnage Run 2008 | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Return From Glamis Carnage Run 2008

Oh, and the name "black goblin" might be under revision. When i had the firewood in the truck there was a spider roaming free and RJ suggested renaming the black and red truck 'black widow.' I haven't decided yet though. :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Here is a couple pics of the replacement parts from the carnage I just went and picked up. $165 later......:rolleyes:
Carnagereplace001.jpg

Carnagereplace002.jpg

Needed a temp guage because the guage is broken. I also need to buy a gas gauge but don't have the money yet.:p:

I was pleasently surprised on how easy this thing climbs up the soft dunes. This thing would crawl up a wall if I wanted it to. :D I am gonna change the clutch tomorrow and also change the fluid in the front and rear axles. Then I can see if I have a locke in front or not.:cool:

i was writting a long long comment, and i guess i hit the something wrong and the whole thing was deleted :mad:

Looks Like a good time. I still have never made it out to glamis. Maybe next year I will. Might even have front shocks by then.

Good buy on the CJ7 Black Goblin. I will be becoming a partial owner in an 84 in about 45 days :D

i just f$%king did it again. like you hit the shift button or the shift button and the enter button together and it delets everything you typed. im really pissed right now

wow what a weekend!!!!!!!!!!! had a blast. thanks to everyone who made it out. i love Glamis and im glad we finally had an explorerforum trip.

like cybergasm said, we had a bit of carnage.

for the bronco: flat tire and messed up a lug nut somehow

for the navajo: flat tire, bent the heck out of a rim, broken shock mount, broken shock resi hose, one daylighter stopped working, bent the coil buckets up really bad. the navajo's my DD right now and its atill running fine after everything this weekend :thumbsup: cyber and justin know first hand why that type of stuff was broke, since they were in the car as i decided to pass mounty71 through a set whoops way to big for the navajo mid 3rd gear.

but to out weigh the bad, was the good = blasting through whoops, charging hills, carving bowls, airing jumps.

met up with boomer and cyber and headed out about 11:45, showed up about 4pm. wasn't too crowded out, but motorhomes and toy trailers poured in all day/night till about 2am :eek: mounty71 and his friend Kevin showed up late friday night and brought us our tent that we left at home. thanks matt, you saved our weekend. of course, we had to do a night run to help matt get his fix :D romped around all day saturday and managed to work through all tha "break downs" that day. we had a nice fire with a 5 foot log sticking straight up, and boomer would fire off flares every 20 minutes or so :cool: Black Goblin showed up about 10:30 saturday night and me (Robbie) and him did a night run in his car. after performing really well, we drove down a huge hill and heard a laud breaking noise when we got to the bottum. luckily we drove out of the bottum of the bowl and made it to flat ground, but we couldn't move any more. the clutch was completly gone. the engine would rev but the car wouldn't move :( needless to say it was a sad situation. we pulled it back to camp with the bronco and in the morning we got it on the tow dolly and towed it to his home. glad things are workin out now and you'll get that thing running and make it to work on tuesday :thumbsup: also want to give a big thanks to boomer for comin and getting us at midnight when the clutch shattered.

hopefully everyone enjoyed the trip, glad you all made it and made it HOME.

ill post pics in time-line order

Friday

the first sight of the dunes
IMG_0310Medium.jpg

drivin out
IMG_0311Medium.jpg

dunes
IMG_0314Medium.jpg

vendors
IMG_0315Medium.jpg

the Glamis Store
IMG_0319Medium.jpg

IMG_0318Medium.jpg

arrivin'
IMG_0320Medium.jpg

IMG_0321Medium.jpg

drivin around
IMG_0322Medium.jpg

IMG_0325Medium.jpg

IMG_0326Medium.jpg

Oldsmobile Hill
IMG_0330Medium.jpg

IMG_0337Medium.jpg

IMG_0342Medium.jpg

IMG_0349Medium.jpg

IMG_0352Medium.jpg

some sand rails
IMG_0343Medium.jpg

IMG_0334Medium.jpg

my wheels must have come off the ground at least a million times this trip :D
IMG_0355.jpg

IMG_0356Medium.jpg

IMG_0371Medium.jpg

IMG_0375Medium.jpg

IMG_0383Medium.jpg

IMG_0384Medium.jpg

IMG_0387Medium.jpg

IMG_0388Medium.jpg

IMG_0389Medium.jpg

IMG_0390Medium.jpg

IMG_0396Medium.jpg

IMG_0397Medium.jpg

IMG_0398Medium.jpg

IMG_0401Medium.jpg

IMG_0403Medium.jpg

IMG_0404Medium.jpg

IMG_0405Medium.jpg

the camp fire friday night
IMG_0406Medium.jpg

Saturday

matt's try to get the most traction possible :p:
IMG_0407Medium.jpg

IMG_0408Medium.jpg

"manual shift transfer case"

IMG_0409Medium.jpg

IMG_0410Medium.jpg

:cool:
IMG_0412Medium.jpg

camp
IMG_0415Medium.jpg

the beauties
IMG_0416Medium.jpg

rompin n' mobbin

IMG_0419Medium.jpg

matt getting live
IMG_0420Medium.jpg

woohoo
IMG_0426Medium.jpg

IMG_0427Medium.jpg

IMG_0428Medium.jpg

IMG_0429Medium.jpg

IMG_0430Medium.jpg

IMG_0431Medium.jpg

IMG_0432Medium.jpg

doubles
IMG_0434Medium.jpg

IMG_0437Medium.jpg

IMG_0438Medium.jpg

IMG_0439Medium.jpg

IMG_0440Medium.jpg

back at oldsmobile hill again
IMG_0444Medium.jpg

awesome Bronco
IMG_0446Medium.jpg

up the hill
IMG_0450Medium.jpg

IMG_0454Medium.jpg

IMG_0455Medium.jpg

IMG_0462Medium.jpg

IMG_0463Medium.jpg

the whoops
IMG_0465Medium.jpg

IMG_0466Medium.jpg

IMG_0467Medium.jpg

IMG_0468Medium.jpg

IMG_0473Medium.jpg

IMG_0476Medium.jpg

IMG_0479Medium.jpg

IMG_0480Medium.jpg

some cool bowls
IMG_0484Medium.jpg

IMG_0488Medium.jpg

IMG_0490Medium.jpg

IMG_0491Medium.jpg

we have a few more pics but i need to upload them, and they're at jims house.

You got a lot of good pictures!

Huge air RJ and mounty71 !! HUGE!

Wow, badass pics! Not sure I'd have the bawls to jump my truck like that, but I sure wish they had a place like that back east here. Good stuff guys. :thumbsup:

cyber and justin know first hand why that type of stuff was broke, since they were in the car as i decided to pass mounty71 through a set whoops way to big for the navajo mid 3rd gear.

ohh man I think everything internally is back in place now.:D 5 point harnesses would have been good that night:cool::thumbsup: Still don't know I managed to NOT rip the door handle off of the panel. I was holding it pretty tightly when RJ decided to for the really big air just too bad we did'nt get that on film :eek:

wow, I'm freaking impressed Robbie. That sequence shot is bananas.

Time to get an engine crossmember so you don't launch your coils through your hood.

Did you guys manage to find the sand drags on Sat afternoon?

and here is a new Avatar for you.

Attachments

• RJavatar.jpg
    RJavatar.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 368

Time to get an engine crossmember so you don't launch your coils through your hood.

Did you guys manage to find the sand drags on Sat afternoon?

Nope never found the drags. IMO Robbie needs more than a engine cross member........more like a full bumper to bumper Roof to Frame Rails CAGE
and 5 point harnesses all the seats:D:cool:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

yeah, I hope you realize I have not driven my truck since we wheeled in Truckhaven on Oct 26 for this very reason. Speed kills. Rockcrawling rollovers are no biggy.

Sand drags are pretty much into the desert from Vendor row, I think it was by Gecko road. Just a few hundred people line up on each side and trucks, bikes, buggy's, etc constantly cruise down the lane. It's pretty fun, like watching a highway that only allows cool cars and some occasional chicks losing their clothes.

Back