2015 Explorer - Speculation / Fact | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2015 Explorer - Speculation / Fact

Riley
Can you give us any more info. I was hearing from a fleet manager that no differences according to them. Like SGT I want to know if HIDs and things like Lane Keeping Assist are coming to the 15 as I will be out of my lease soon

Thanks

WC

Dont tell me HID's on the 15 SPORT or Im going to loose my nut!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Only thing different is new colors and couple features on the Sport.

How do you know that already? Can you elaborate on the new Sport features?

2015 MY Schedule

Orders for the 2015 models will be accepted beginning March 15th. Production scheduling will begin on April 17th with actual production to begin on June 2nd.

NOTE: All dates are estimated and subject to change.

Peter

Orders for the 2015 models will be accepted beginning March 15th. Production scheduling will begin on April 17th with actual production to begin on June 2nd.

NOTE: All dates are estimated and subject to change.

Peter

Do you think we will see order guides soon? e.g. prior to last day to order a 2014?

Do you think we will see order guides soon? e.g. prior to last day to order a 2014?
I don't really know for sure but Riley seems to have access to one if you read the prior posts. He hasn't as yet responded to subsequent post on the subject. Perhaps dealers may have them.

Peter

I don't really know for sure but Riley seems to have access to one if you read the prior posts. He hasn't as yet responded to subsequent post on the subject. Perhaps dealers may have them.

Peter

As of last week they weren't out yet for the Explorer, just the transits and the super duty. I'll check in a little bit and see if they are up for any other 2015 models yet.

I just googled the Order Guide and you can get "Leaked" 2015 F150 and Mustang as well as MKZ....but still no Explorer

My guess is the order guide will be available on 3/14 or 3/15. The Superduty order guide came out the day orders were able to be placed.

My guess is the order guide will be available on 3/14 or 3/15. The Superduty order guide came out the day orders were able to be placed.

Hopefully a little sooner... I might order a 2014 if the changes for 2015 are minimal.....Next Friday is last day to do so. Fingers crossed on HID's for 2015!

Hopefully a little sooner... I might order a 2014 if the changes for 2015 are minimal.....Next Friday is last day to do so. Fingers crossed on HID's for 2015!
I'm waiting to see an actual picture of a 2015. The order guide won't show if there have been any changes made to the body or interior.

Peter

I'm waiting to see an actual picture of a 2015. The order guide won't show if there have been any changes made to the body or interior.

Peter

I doubt there are any exterior changes. Any type of mid cycle change is always out on the internet in plenty of time prior to order banks opening. With ordering available within 2 weeks, there is no way Ford changed the exterior and hasn't shown/announced it yet.

I doubt there are any exterior changes. Any type of mid cycle change is always out on the internet in plenty of time prior to order banks opening. With ordering available within 2 weeks, there is no way Ford changed the exterior and hasn't shown/announced it yet.

You are correct Sir!

For that you have to wait for 2016MY

6 years for a sheet metal change?? Dang, that's unbelievable. I thought 5 was pushing it. Toys are more important than style these days :(

It used to be that you could tell every single year apart by exterior changes. Guess I'm showing my age ;)

My best guess - very minor cosmetic changes. Perhaps making the amber/orange blinker above the headlight mostly clear, adding some LED daytime running lights into the headlight housing. Maybe angle eyes around the projector headlights, or replacing the fog lights with daytime running LEDs - especially with HID equipped vehicles, and they might make HID standard except in the base model. Maybe a new wheel design or two.

Can also also see them having the black trim along then entire bottom of the Ex painted body color. Perhaps some minor interior things like that, but nothing major. Would just like to see them focusing on improving the MFT.

You are correct Sir!

For that you have to wait for 2016MY
If that's so then that would be really disappointing. I may have to give more serious thought to the 2014 Highlander I was checking out in the showroom last week.

Peter

If that's so then that would be really disappointing. I may have to give more serious thought to the 2014 Highlander I was checking out in the showroom last week.

Peter

I'm good with no styling changes for 2015 - i think it looks great. Hoping for some feature enhancements for the Sport - e.g. better packages. Where's the info already?!

I'm good with no styling changes for 2015 - i think it looks great. Hoping for some feature enhancements for the Sport - e.g. better packages. Where's the info already?!
I agree that it looks great but after driving it for what will be 4 years, I was hoping for a bit of a change.

Peter

I agree that it looks great but after driving it for what will be 4 years, I was hoping for a bit of a change.

Peter

Makes sense. I didn't look at your profile before and see that you have a 2011.

I've never had an Explorer - maybe my timing is right as a refresh will be out when I'm ready for another! I did go from a 93 Jeep Grand Cherokee to a 97 Jeep Grand Cherokee - minimal exterior changes then as well but I recall being happy with the feature updates, etc. Seems like they have done a bunch of things since 2011 to the 2014's at least.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Since the 15th falls on a Saturday, the Order Guides will be available Monday morning the 17th.

Back