The Storm Chaser
Reaction score
City, State
Agawam, MA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Interceptor Utility
Callsign
WX4FUN
Tonight when I started my truck, my radio screen never lit up. My phone connected to bluetooth but the radio screen was dark and no music was playing. The first thing I did was check the fuses and they were all fine. I drove to where I had to go. Once I came back out and started the truck, the radio came on with no issues. Anyone have an idea what could be causing it?

'16 Interceptor

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Tonight when I started my truck, my radio screen never lit up. My phone connected to bluetooth but the radio screen was dark and no music was playing. The first thing I did was check the fuses and they were all fine. I drove to where I had to go. Once I came back out and started the truck, the radio came on with no issues. Anyone have an idea what could be causing it?

'16 Interceptor
I'm guessing you are referring to the MFT screen if the Interceptor has the same setup that most models have. It could be that the APIM (Accessory Protocol Interface Module) is beginning to act up. It is the 'brains' of My Ford Touch.

Peter

In previous Ford vehicles, I've had the ACM momentarily lock up and not respond to the other modules on CAN. A code stored. If it came back, write it off as a glitch for now. The ACMs are not perfect.

My '16 did the same thing, had the dealership check it. They said no updates were pending and could not find a problem. Hasn't happened since that one time.

I started mine up this morning after the vehicle had been sitting for 4 days and everything lit up but no music when it was on the Sirius radio. I did notice that in the lower left hand corner it said something about updating the Sirius so I switched it to a FM station. A short ways down the road I switched it back to the Sirius and everything was fine.

This is my first experience with Sirius radio so I just figured that it was just the updating of the files that caused no music.

I started mine up this morning after the vehicle had been sitting for 4 days and everything lit up but no music when it was on the Sirius radio. I did notice that in the lower left hand corner it said something about updating the Sirius so I switched it to a FM station. A short ways down the road I switched it back to the Sirius and everything was fine.

This is my first experience with Sirius radio so I just figured that it was just the updating of the files that caused no music.
That's all it was. I've been getting the "updating" message a few times lately.

Peter

Back