2017 Ford Explorer Platinum Possible Water Intrusion Many warning lights | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2017 Ford Explorer Platinum Possible Water Intrusion Many warning lights

dstyx

Reaction score
City, State
Brooklyn, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Explorer, Platinum
Hello, just found this forum on line and am hoping someone has an answer to an issue I'm having with my 2017 Ford Explorer, 4WD, Platinum.
I drove thru an automatic car wash and within 2 miles started getting all kinds of bells and whistles going off in the instrument cluster. The car drives fine and has been hooked up to 3 different scanners (one of which was at a ford dealer). Seems no one can get past the ABS Module with communications. The warning lights include 4wd off, hill start assist, check park aid, steering assist fault, pre-collision assist, front camera malfuntion. The cruise control will not work. And the 911 assist is not working.
Any ideas? We've already cleaned the ABS connector. Thanks!

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
With all those warnings there must be a code or two stored. Have you checked for DTC codes? I'm not that familiar with all those warnings but am wondering if perhaps it could be the BCM (Body Control Module). I believe a bad wheel speed sensor could cause some of those errors.

Peter

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
With all those warnings there must be a code or two stored. Have you checked for DTC codes? I'm not that familiar with all those warnings but am wondering if perhaps it could be the BCM (Body Control Module). I believe a bad wheel speed sensor could cause some of those errors.

Peter
Thank you. No DTC Codes register. I will try the BCM.

Thank you. No DTC Codes register. I will try the BCM.
We changed speed sensors, worked great for 3 days. Then right back to all those codes showing up on dash.

Back