2020 Explorer Issues - 4WD Fault, Pre Collision Assist Not Available, Service Advance Trac | Page 7 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2020 Explorer Issues - 4WD Fault, Pre Collision Assist Not Available, Service Advance Trac

I was referring to the ford recall which forced auto setting the parking every time vehicle was in Park....If forscan had the option to disable auto parking I would consider using it again. Until then I'm happy with several changes I made...no doulbe honk when leaving vehicle running with out keys , fog lights with parking lights...or with brights on ,,,, and a few others .

As said in other post Ford can see everything done on the service port and if they felt a customer caused damage by changing a setting they could refuse to cover under warranty.

Ford can scan certain 2021 and newer vehicles without it being at the dealer.

I have no issuse with Russians either BUT I certainly wouldn't rule out anything these days.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If Forscan ever adds the option to disable Auto Parking I'll consider using it again. Until then I don't trust any thing being hosted in Russia especially giving them access to my vehicle.The Forscan.org site is hosted in Russia.
Like Rick, I don't know why you want to disable Auto Parking. I've never used it and believe it's a feature you must turn ON to use. Otherwise, it is always OFF.

Peter

I was referring to the ford recall which forced auto setting the parking every time vehicle was in Park....If forscan had the option to disable auto parking I would consider using it again. Until then I'm happy with several changes I made...no doulbe honk when leaving vehicle running with out keys , fog lights with parking lights...or with brights on ,,,, and a few others .

As said in other post Ford can see everything done on the service port and if they felt a customer caused damage by changing a setting they could refuse to cover under warranty.

Ford can scan certain 2021 and newer vehicles without it being at the dealer.

I have no issuse with Russians either BUT I certainly wouldn't rule out anything these days.

Are you refering to "Auto Park" or are you refering to the "Auto Parking Brake" that is activated whenever the vehicle is put in Park? I get the feeling you're refering to the Parking Brake. Mine never did this until I had it in for service recently. It's a new mandatory setting to prevent accidental roll-away. Auto Park is something altogether different.

when placed in Park the parking brake is applied since ford recalled explorers for the rear end bolt fracture

I thought this was beat to death enough it was obvious I meant Parking Brake....my bad in post #121 I forgot to add the word ( Brake )

when placed in Park the parking brake is applied since ford recalled explorers for the rear end bolt fracture

I thought this was beat to death enough it was obvious I meant Parking Brake....my bad in post #121 I forgot to add the word ( Brake )
I don't believe my 2023 Aviator has that feature as I've noticed the vehicle move slightly when I put it in Park and take my foot off the brake. My driveway has a slight incline to it. If I manually engage the parking brake it doesn't move at all under the same scenario. In any case, if the parking brake is ON, you can simply put it in gear and drive away since the brake will automatically release.

Peter

Peter, do you know if your Aviator has a 4 bolt subframe? If so that could be why you might not have that feature. :dunno:

Peter, do you know if your Aviator has a 4 bolt subframe? If so that could be why you might not have that feature. :dunno:
Hi Dale. I've never actually checked. I'll do that when I get a chance.

Peter

So for the 5th time my 2020 ST has lit up like a Christmas tree when getting off of the highway. Warning lights come all at once: 4WD Fault Service Required, Service AdvanceTrac, Pre-Collision Assist Not Available, +Hill assist not available + Auto Hold Fault.

Warning lights immediately disappear when the car is restarted, and the car is not thrown into a limp mode when these issues come on.

I did some searching and the only experience I could find of something similar was on reddit and the car ended up getting lemoned without any specific root cause explained.

Going to call the dealer on Monday, but please reach out if you have had a similar experience or know someone that has!
I had the same issues, and the dealer changed the AWD Module (Installed LX6Z 7P238 AANP : MODULE). This was for a Lincoln Corsair 2020.

4 bolt.jpg

Hi Dale. A little late but here is what I have.

Peter

Hi yes just wondering
After you changed the part out did the lights go off or did you need to take it in to have computer reset to fix it

Hi yes just wondering
After you changed the part out did the lights go off or did you need to take it in to have computer reset to fix it
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
Please clarify as to whose post are you referring to.:dunno:

Peter

Please clarify as to whose post are you referring to.:dunno:

Peter
Not really sure
I think it was on first page where the guy changed to sensor

Just repaired an issue with same code symptoms. Codes U0102, U0146, and U011D in ABS module. U0100 in IPC, U0418 in IPM-A, and U0140 in RGTM. AWD module was offline. Couldn't communicate with it with scan tool. Found module didn't have ground at connector of AWD module, as the ground wire had broken inside the harness underneath the seat. AWD module is underneath driver's seat under the carpet. Had to run a new ground wire to the connector. Ground wire is black with gray stripe (Looks more like a white stripe than gray). Hope this helps anyone else with the same issue!
I have the exact same Error Codes!! dealer want $995 to install a new module where did you run the ground to?

Hi all, I am new to the forum and have been experiencing the same issues with the AWD system.
Replaced the shaft speed sensor, cleaned the connections and all accordingly to the TSB protocol but still same issues.

The one which consistently comes back is “4WD Fault Service” the other usual suspects come and go.

Narrowed it down to short to ground or Internal power issues inside the module.
Will heck connections to the module inder the driver seat as well as seat.

Thinking of getting a new Control Module.

But my question is, Is it plug and play or does it need reprogrammed??

Ran self tests and got as well as DTC and this is what I got (attached).

I will also attempt to document what I find along the way, in case this can help someone.

Thanks for any help ;).

IMG_1120.png

IMG_1105.png

IMG_1101.png

IMG_1100.png

IMG_1096.jpeg

IMG_1094.png

Hi all, I am new to the forum and have been experiencing the same issues with the AWD system.
Replaced the shaft speed sensor, cleaned the connections and all accordingly to the TSB protocol but still same issues.

The one which consistently comes back is “4WD Fault Service” the other usual suspects come and go.

Narrowed it down to short to ground or Internal power issues inside the module.
Will heck connections to the module inder the driver seat as well as seat.

Thinking of getting a new Control Module.

But my question is, Is it plug and play or does it need reprogrammed??

Ran self tests and got as well as DTC and this is what I got (attached).

I will also attempt to document what I find along the way, in case this can help someone.

Thanks for any help ;).

The last time someone had so many different codes and were thinking speed sensor vs. axle hub actuator vs. transfer case vs. awd module... it ended up being the AWD module.

Unfortunately, I do believe proper firmware needs to be installed on the AWD module using FDRS. The reason I say this is that sometime MY2021, Ford replaced the axle hub actuator with an "intermediate shaft" that is not controlled by the awd module and therefore, has no wired plug (like the axle hub actuator has).

That said, I did read one case where the dealer actually found that the connector to the AWD module had come loose and once reinserted, the codes never came back. Maybe check that before you see the dealer. I have not read of any end user just swapping the AWD module themselves and calling it a day. That certainly would be cost effective though.

The last time someone had so many different codes and were thinking speed sensor vs. axle hub actuator vs. transfer case vs. awd module... it ended up being the AWD module.

Unfortunately, I do believe proper firmware needs to be installed on the AWD module using FDRS. The reason I say this is that sometime MY2021, Ford replaced the axle hub actuator with an "intermediate shaft" that is not controlled by the awd module and therefore, has no wired plug (like the axle hub actuator has).

That said, I did read one case where the dealer actually found that the connector to the AWD module had come loose and once reinserted, the codes never came back. Maybe check that before you see the dealer. I have not read of any end user just swapping the AWD module themselves and calling it a day. That certainly would be cost effective though.
Thanks for the quick response!

The driver seat side trim broke a little while ago, and we got caught in the part hanging quite a few time climbing up and down the car.
Also found out that all warning messages would just disappear but the 4WD on the cluster when - at times - adjusting the seat (not always so not 100% sure it is related but since the module is underneath …).
I then was wondering if there were any correlation there, like a wire/ loose connection inside the plug somewhere 🤔
I also read of someone in another forums I think, who found a broken ground wire underneath the seat, fixed it and all went back to normal.
I don’t think I will be that lucky but regardless, I am going to get to the module this week and test those wires as I go.
A long shot but, if anyone has any idea of how much it would cost to program the new module, please share.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks mate 👍
Also noticed that voltage to the module fluctuates a lot down, went from 14 to 9V and the 6.04 V suspicious. This is why I will check connections and grounds.

Peter

Back