2024 Explorer Availability?

SHUMAX

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
2019 Explorer Sport
Does anyone know when the 2024's can be ordered? Also, when they would be available?

As best I can tell, it appears to be a front/rear refresh, as well as some items inside the cabin. I don't see anything about a change to the engine/tranny. Assuming so, it's likely many suspension parts (lowering springs, as an example) would fit the 2024 from the 2020-2023 run, correct? I would assume that applies to the intake, too? The FMIC might be tricky/different...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

There is no info that I have found on when a 2024 model can be ordered. The last date for ordering a 2023 was March 24th. All info on the 2024 shows TBD.
You just ordered a 2023 ST in December that I believe you are still waiting for, correct?

Peter

To quote Pink Panther, "Let me get you up to speed (on the 2024 Explorer), we know nothing. You are now up to speed."

I did order, but can cancel the 2023. I'm inclined to do so as my 2023 wouldn't be here until YE as it's a fleet build. If that's the case, I'd prefer to just wait on the 2024 - as mentioned...

Does anyone know, for sure, when the ordering will open up for the 2024's?

I'm guessing you are referring to the Explorer? The 2024 model will be a short production year with any refresh/changes being held over until the 2025 model begins to roll out. As of now, there is no date for order acceptance or production.

Peter

I'm guessing you are referring to the Explorer? The 2024 model will be a short production year with any refresh/changes being held over until the 2025 model begins to roll out. As of now, there is no date for order acceptance or production.

Peter
Peter did I read that correctly? The expected 24 changes we have seen from just the front and rear changes won’t happen until MY25?

Peter did I read that correctly? The expected 24 changes we have seen from just the front and rear changes won’t happen until MY25?
That is what I was told. Ford apparently mentioned in a presentation at the Police Fleet Expo that the 2024 will be a short production meaning that the vehicle will remain unchanged and that the 2025 will be refreshed with a full model year build. I expect more news will likely be forthcoming.

Peter

Since Ford has over 22,000+ 2023 model vehicles that have been ordered and sitting awaiting the rear camera fix it does make some sense that the 2024 model would be a short production run.

Peter

Back