2nd gen parts galore

colintrax

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Georgia
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 XLT
Edit: needs gone asap before I scrap it. Moving to Minnesota.
Got stock parts, got performance parts, some new, some used.

I'm finally throwing in the towel. I dont have the time or energy to finish this thing and too much in life has happened/changed.
I have a 97 body and frame, a complete 4.0 OHV is in the frame, 4.0 OHV block and parts laying around. A few 4.0 SOHC parts. Transmission parts from several explorers, maybe some ranger parts as well.
Has a rebuilt auto transmission, but it was built years ago. Has some upgrades but I don't remember what. Has a deep pan. Bigger cam sitting somewhere. So on and so on.
2 front diffs, I think one is 3:73 and the other is 4:10. No promises though.
Make me an offer, shoot me a PM for parts. I need this stuff gone. I hate to scrap it but I need the money and space.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm finally throwing in the towel. I dont have the time or energy to finish this thing and too much in life has happened/changed.
I have a 97 body and frame, a complete 4.0 OHV is in the frame, 4.0 OHV block and parts laying around. A few 4.0 SOHC parts. Transmission parts from several explorers, maybe some ranger parts as well.
Has a rebuilt auto transmission, but it was built years ago. Has some upgrades but I don't remember what. Has a deep pan. Bigger cam sitting somewhere. So on and so on.
2 front diffs, I think one is 3:73 and the other is 4:10. No promises though.
Make me an offer, shoot me a PM for parts. I need this stuff gone. I hate to scrap it but I need the money and space.
What kind of SOHC parts do you have?

What kind of SOHC parts do you have?
I'm not sure what all I have, stuff has been moved a few times now and collected over time.
I think I have the variable length intake, TB, and thermostat housing. Should have the block girdle too.
You looking for something specific? I can go dig around

I'm not sure what all I have, stuff has been moved a few times now and collected over time.
I think I have the variable length intake, TB, and thermostat housing. Should have the block girdle too.
You looking for something specific? I can go dig around
mainly just seeing what ya had man i need the vaccum actuators for the vent trols and some vaccum lines

mainly just seeing what ya had man i need the vaccum actuators for the vent trols and some vaccum lines
I can dig around and see if I got them. Honestly doubt I do though.

Ok finally got out to the storage unit and digging around the garage. Not a complete list but here's a good idea of what I have

Transfer cases
Tan interior parts
Green interior parts
Spark plug wires
Gauge cluster with 255,x.. miles
Green privacy cover
Seat lumbar bags
Passanger airbag (tan)
Alternator
Blower fan
5r55e valve body
4.0 OHV upper intake with TB
4.0 OHV cam shaft, rocker assemblies
Torque converter
4.0 SOHC oil pan and lower
4.0 OHV block that needs bored or sleeved
4.0 OHV crankshaft
5r55e body
Various 5r55e and 4r55e parts.
4.0 SOHC upper intake minus TB
4.0 OHV oil pan and lower
2wd front spindles
Front mount trailer hitch
95-98 Front bumper cut for hitch
95-98 Front bumper with brush guard
98 grill
97 grill with aftermarket insert
Rear bumper
Rear sway bar (97 I belive)
Coolant overflow and wash bottle assembly
Rear wash bottle
Fog lights
Gas tank skid plate
4.0 starter
4.0 oil pump
Heater core
New blend door but foam is falling off
Blend door actuator
4.0 OHV timing chain and sprockets (new)
Running boards
4.0 ohv lower intake
Ignition coil
Square style upper intake box with maf sensor
Starter soiloid
New Felbro head bolts
Cruise control unit
Fan shroud
Another alternator
Transfer case skid plate
4.0 OHV water pump
Spare tire winch
Front bumper air bag sensors
Headlights
Fender splash shields
Transmission cross member
4.0 OHV Timing cover gasket
4.0 OHVWaterpump gasket
4.0 OHVOil pump gasket
4.0 OHV Rear main seal
Variety of transmission seals and o rings for 4.0 OHV and 5r55e
4.0 OHV flexplate, 8 bolt
New powerstop brake pads
New 4.0 OHV pistons, std size, pressed onto rods (some rings show surface rust though)
New 95tm heads with new valves and springs.
Transmission cooler.
BW 1354 transfer case gasket and seal kit
4.0OHV head gasket, upper, and lower gasket kit
I have what I believe is a timken bearing and seal kit for 4wd front end. PN SBK2
Felpro 4.0 OHV headgaskets, with upper intake and valve cover gaskets
Strong-arm struts, brand new. For the glass IIRC
Melling m328 high volume oil pump
I have a towing cam somewhere. Compcams IIRC brand new
Reproduction center caps for 16" limited wheels.
Conrod bearings
Parking brake shoes
98+ tail lights
2 front differentials. I think one is 3:73 and the other is 4:10 ratio
Dingy old single din radio
Trailer hitch
Leaf springs
Lots of wiring harness to who knows what
6 disk center console changer. Missing the magazine of course

The explorer itself is sitting on new Cooper discovery at3 tires. 265/75r16 size.
Has newer shocks. Double core radiator. Touch screen double din head unit.
16" wheels off limited edition explorer.
Hidden sub with IIRC a Rockford Fosgate 8" sub
Floor has been cut for a dual battery set up that is half removed.
Body/paint is in good shape for a truck this old.
Helper springs and air shocks in rear.
Has a rebuilt transmission with a few performance parts. Been sitting a while though.
Has a junkyard 4.0 in it. Hasn't been started since I got it.
IIRC front brakes are new. Rear brakes are ok.

@Lee's Automotive
I dug out these vac lines and actuators, what you're looking for?
Right now not looking to part out the explorer. Trying to sell it as is. Probably moving again real soon, I don't want to move this stuff again.

@Turdle I grabbed the valve covers if you're interested?

20230306_134406.jpg

Ooh, green interior parts! What shade of green is your Ex?
If you're selling it whole, never mind the following!

I could use the padded console cover. And the green (or chrome for that matter) stock 98 grille insert. And a green privacy cover. I think there is supposed to be a lever that allows the driver seat to fold down, does your Ex have one?

Ooh, green interior parts! What shade of green is your Ex?
If you're selling it whole, never mind the following!

I could use the padded console cover. And the green (or chrome for that matter) stock 98 grille insert. And a green privacy cover. I think there is supposed to be a lever that allows the driver seat to fold down, does your Ex have one?
It's the dark metallic green. I'm trying to sell it whole but I'll sell what's already off of it, or is left-over extra parts from other explorers/rangers. At some point I'll have to scrap the explorer if nobody takes it, in which case I'll pull stuff off it.

I have all those but console cover and seat lever are staying with the explorer for now.

I have the privacy cover and grill if you'd like. But keep in mind I live in Georgia, shipping to Wisconsin on such large parts won't be cheap. I can get a shipping quote if you want?

Well that's a bummer, but I can definitely relate. Best of luck going foward:chug:

Well that's a bummer, but I can definitely relate. Best of luck going foward:chug:
Thanks Rick,
It's looking/sounding like I'm moving to Minnesota. Aint no way I can move all this up there and ever come to some sense of organized and completed. Throw in a motorcycle accident that wrecked my neck and working on this stuff aint even fun anymore.
I got the 94 Ranger though so not leaving the RBV family

What year is the single din stereo, is it factory and do you have a picture?

It's the dark metallic green. I'm trying to sell it whole but I'll sell what's already off of it, or is left-over extra parts from other explorers/rangers. At some point I'll have to scrap the explorer if nobody takes it, in which case I'll pull stuff off it.

I have all those but console cover and seat lever are staying with the explorer for now.

I have the privacy cover and grill if you'd like. But keep in mind I live in Georgia, shipping to Wisconsin on such large parts won't be cheap. I can get a shipping quote if you want?
I guess the dark green wouldn't work, but best wishes on your move! Will see what they have locally.

What year is the single din stereo, is it factory and do you have a picture?
The single din is an older Pioneer unit. I can grab a picture, but it's nothing special. Just a usable option for someone who needs it.

OK. Thanks, but don't go to any trouble. I'm looking for a stock '92 AM-FM cassette single DIN unit.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Good luck with your move.

Your offer of parts and material is very kind.

Back