• Register Today It's free!

2nd row buckets armrest?

sgparnes

Reaction score
City, State
Atlanta, GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Limited WMetTr/Pecan
My wife just noticed there are no 2nd row bucket seat armrests. This is without console. I guess if you order console that becomes the inside armrest. Can console be added aftermarket from Ford?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The parts to do so will cost you about $900. You can't just order the $100 console after the fact, but have to order all the individual parts of the console.

Are the seats comfortable without the console?

No armrests

I think the seats themselves are comfortable, but my wife said SHE would not be comfortable on a long trip w/o an armrest. My 2 grandkids were fine watching the 2 built in DVD's around town. My previous Buick Enclave had fold down armrests w/o a console.

I think the seats themselves are comfortable, but my wife said SHE would not be comfortable on a long trip w/o an armrest. My 2 grandkids were fine watching the 2 built in DVD's around town. My previous Buick Enclave had fold down armrests w/o a console.

So (for example) if you're sitting in the rear driver side bucket seat you can rest you left arm on the door but there is nothing to rest your right arm on?

Seems crazy and now i'm questioning my order :mad:

So (for example) if you're sitting in the rear driver side bucket seat you can rest you left arm on the door but there is nothing to rest your right arm on?

Seems crazy and now i'm questioning my order :mad:

Nothing but air, unless you ordered the center console. It's a shame that Ford didn't see fit to make it a choice to have built-in armrests or the console.

Nothing but air, unless you ordered the center console. It's a shame that Ford didn't see fit to make it a choice to have built-in armrests or the console.

Oh man am i annoyed at that. Buckets are a $750 option and they couldnt include an arm rest????

Its a $20 piece of plastic and leather that has to swivel 90 degrees. How hard is that?

Come on!!!

Too bad the center console is not offered aftermarket by Ford as a 1 piece add on. Maybe in the next few months it will be added as more Explorers hit the road.

Too bad the center console is not offered aftermarket by Ford as a 1 piece add on. Maybe in the next few months it will be added as more Explorers hit the road.

Have you sat in them? Is it real awkward not having the inner arm rest? Can you lean on the door side for comfort?

Besides the cost issue.. I think without arm rests it wound be easier to get into the back. If you want to rest your arm get the center console like I did. Also gives you storage space with is almost nonexistent. That's the only thing I miss from my Trailblazer was all the storage in the cargo area.

What if you stacked 4 or 5 shoe boxes on top of one another and held them together with some duck tape? Would that work? :D

Besides the cost issue.. I think without arm rests it wound be easier to get into the back. If you want to rest your arm get the center console like I did. Also gives you storage space with is almost nonexistent. That's the only thing I miss from my Trailblazer was all the storage in the cargo area.

Only reason i got them is because within a few years i'll have a car seat on each of them and without the console there is easy access to the third row.

Back