2nd Row Captain Chairs & Console? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2nd Row Captain Chairs & Console?

The picture of the 4th gen black interior looks identical to my wife's center console. probably the same one, although the 3rd row is completely different. I will try and snap some pics tomorrow.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My wife's '04 Eddie Bauer is equipped with 2nd row captains chairs and a console from the factory. The captains chairs are not the same as my '02 with 40/20/40 setup. The factory captains chairs have a recline function were as mine only fold and flip forward for 3rd row access. and the console opens forward to have a secondary cup holder section. it also becomes the same height as the seat backs so the cargo tray on the back of the 3rd row seat will slide up and over it. Hope some of this helps. I like the pic of the console made out of the front section. that looks like a great idea. I have been thinking about a 2nd row console for mine as well.

Just to clarify...Will the 04' Captains chairs fit in the 02' Explorer? Do they fold down flat?

Everything looks to be interchangeable between the '02 and '04. The seats fold flat just like all of the other ones, only they have an extra recline lever. They also flip forward for 3rd row access.

Any ideas of where to search for 2nd row captains and console from an 04' Eddie Bauer Ex? i've tried a number of wrecking yards and the local LKQ to no avail.

This should be the same, might have to get a different bracket for the floor. eBay item 400521274476

Back