• Register Today It's free!

306 and 401 codes?

foolio

Reaction score
City, State
garden city, Michigan
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 ranger
a few weeks ago my 96 5.0 started running rough and has the codes come up 306 "cyl 6 missfire" and 401 "egr flow". any idea if this sounds like a syptom of one problem or is it just my luck that 2 things failed at the same time? plugs and wires were changed a few months ago. i really need to figure this out soon! thanks in advance.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Swapped in some junkyard parts, egr valve, the sensor on top of it, and the other round cap looking sensor. I also took off the end intake peice that the throttle body and egr mount to so I could clean it all out and still runs the same with the engine light on. I unplugged the battery to reset it but after about 5 minutes driving it wad right back on

any help out there? i now have a child on the way and this would be a good family vehicle if i could get this problem solved, ive currently been driving my f150 and thats not gonna cut it for a baby lol

i changed plug and wire and nothing changed. also swapped the coil for one from the junkyard and still nothing

Could be a dead injector-but I'd check compression first.

If the compression checks good, be sure to check the injector signal pathway all the way back to the PCM for a bad connection before replacing an injector.

Back
Top Bottom