• Register Today It's free!

33" tire recomendations

The accident put off my order for tires a bit, but i think i'll get those done during repairs.

I want 32 or 33s on my truck. It will be lifted about 1-1.5 inches, but i'm worried about having to cut fender walls and such. i have no problem cutting back the inner lip of the stock flares, but want to avoid cutting much else. I'll be using stock 16x7 wheels.

the truck is on-road 95% of the time, mostly highway use, and i would like to continue to drive 75-85 while on the intersate...

I also off road a fair amount, usially to photograph industrial equiptment... this includes rock quaries, rr ballast and track, and logging roads.

I'm thinking about getting a mudders:

Pro-comp mud terrains
cooper discovery stt
bfg mud terrain

which ones last longest and have the best pavment traction? Cost is also an important factpr.

my Goodyear MT/R's are used about the same as yours would be. At 35 PSI these are lasting quite a ways past my expectations.

Since most of your driving is onroad, I'd get ATs or ProCompt XTs. Unless you do most of your offroad driving in mud, the ATs or XTs should be better for you onroad and even off.

You'll need at least 4-5" of lift or fiberglass fenders and 3+" of lift.

the XTs are 12.5 inches wide. i'm only lifting the truck 1.5" and using stock 16x7 wheels... will these even fit without cutting sheetmetal?

alec, my stock tires are 31s and even at that i still have a bit of room to go up. are you sure i'll need that much lift?

I'm primarilly looking at 32s (265/75/16) but this seems to be a fairly unpopular size.

anyone tried out these bridgstones?
http://www.bridgestonetire.com/dpp/glamourindex2.asp?passproductid=170

Back
Top Bottom