33x9.5 Spare | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

33x9.5 Spare

Does anyone know if it is possible to fit a 33x9.5 spare tire in the stock location?
If anyone has any info on this please let me know.

------------------
Ryan Penner
1992 Explorer Sport

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

where did you find a 33/9.50. what brand of tire is it. I was wanting 31's on my 95 explorer, but they said that it would scrub if i turned sharp. I'm running 30/9.50 now and they do great.

James,

Several manufacturers make a 33x9.5 tire. I know BFG, Yokohama, Dunlop, and many others that have that offering. It's specifically suited for clearance issues and a better mud/snow tire as it has the ability to "dig" into the mud/snow for traction better than a wide "floating" tire.

------------------
Cheers,

Andrew B.
1996 Ford Explorer 4x4 (slightly modified)
BC, Canada

I found that there is a BFG Mud-Terrain that is made at 33x9.5

------------------
Ryan Penner
1992 Explorer Sport

Ryan, I regards to your original question:

I've got a 30x9.5 A/T spare (from my first set of tires) in the spare tire location now. It fits without any trouble. So as for width you're ok, but I don't know about the extra 3" diameter?

------------------
Cheers,

Andrew B.
BC, Canada

Ryan, I regards to your original question:

I've got a 30x9.5 A/T (from my first set of tires) in the spare tire location now. It fits without any trouble. So as for width you're ok, but I don't know about the extra 3" diameter?

------------------
Cheers,

Andrew B.
BC, Canada

Back