427 cobra jet | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

427 cobra jet

5literx

Reaction score
City, State
NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
I was at a classic car dealer today and they had a shelby cobra, it was very new, i talked to the guy he said it was a real shebly, that they produced 10 of fairly recently. It was signed in a bunch of places by carrol shelby, and came with all types of documentation, as well as pics of carrol with the car. It had a new 427 with a complete vortech supercharger and igloo on it. Looks like it had all modern electronics in it too.

Has anyone seen or heard of such a car? I believe it was real, just didn't know they did it. By the way the dealer is a very reputable place with many other collectables. Maybe i'll take my digi cam over to get some pics.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Shelby is building the new models here in Vegas. Sweet cars!

My neighbor has a dealership with a Cobra replica, you sure it's not a rep? Or is this maybe the Series 1?

It is most likely (like Ron said) a Shelby built replica of the origional. It is a "new" car built exactly like the origional 427SC.

Oh, okay, now I see. Not sure what model this is supposed to be, the one based on the $500k original. It's like $75k here i think

Back