5.0 swap | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

5.0 swap

So I know people do 5.0 swaps all the time but honestly all I ever see are close/same year swaps with the EFI. I have a 69 302 Boss with a C4 trans in my f100 and was thinking of swapping it since I gotta rebuild the body on it. Plus I wanna swap it with a BBF. So question is has anyone done it? Know the difficulty? Just looking for input.

It's a C9 cast block with a c4 trans that I can drop in it. Im Building a show car that can run for fun. Don't need a ton of power but enough for it to be fun. It's a Vin X, Currently has the OHV v6, 5r55e, 8.8 rear.(Going to try the valve body gasket fix soon) But I know the cooling, suspension, rear end change, new shaft change to cell tank and wiring will need changed. But if I did this could cut down on my wiring and open space for other stuff. I've removed the rear seats for the build in sound system/power banks, and would like to clear the spare tool/storage areas for the bag systems. But got a backup plan incase of fitment issues.
I know you are not dealing with a Ranger, but you might find some info and help at www.therangerstation.com. Lot ofV8 swap info for Rangers and Broncos there.

Back