5r55w to5r55s swap questions- need info please | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

5r55w to5r55s swap questions- need info please

03explorereb

Reaction score
City, State
cuba, missouri
Year, Model & Trim Level
06 explorer xlt
Gents,
I have a 2002 4.6 4x4 with the 5r55w. I need to know what issues you have when doing this swap. They are by all accounts the same transmission right? Any help you could give is greatly appreciated!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Any thoughts? I have put a 2002 transmission from a 4.0 V6 into a 2004 V6 but have not done this the opposite way. I am aware of the improvements of the s over the w regarding gear ratios but I can't help but think this is a plug and play installation. I would like to hear from somebody who is actually done the swap. thanks a bunch as always.

Any thoughts? I have put a 2002 transmission from a 4.0 V6 into a 2004 V6 but have not done this the opposite way. I am aware of the improvements of the s over the w regarding gear ratios but I can't help but think this is a plug and play installation. I would like to hear from somebody who has actually done the swap. thanks a bunch as always.

i will put this into the transmission section, see if it gets hit there,,
hopefully somebody that has done this will see it there,,
i am sure it's been done,,

thanks! didn't mean to quote myself....damn iphones....

it's okay,, it brought the thread to the top and into view again,,

now just give it some time to be seen

Back