• Register Today It's free!

91 Eddie Bauer 4x4

dht952

Reaction score
City, State
NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 Eddie Bauer
My 1991 explorer has an intermittent miss when accelerating between 35-50 MPH. It ony happens occasionaly. I have changed the spark plugs, new wires, TPS sensor. Rebuilt the transmission, changed the fuel pump, replaced some of the vacum lines, and have done other work but the problem still exist. I have not changed out the coil pack. Can anyone offer a suggestion as to perfoming tests on the coil pack to see if it is good? Also a new pressure regulator has been installed when the fuel pump was replaced. Fuel pressure is about 36 psi idle. The miss does not occur when hot rodding the truck nor does it miss when crusing at 55, 60 or 75 MPH, only when accelerating at 35-50 MPH but not all the time, just at certain times. It may not miss for several days and then it happens, but only at the above speeds. After it goes through this range it is smooth with no engine miss. No codes have been coded. Could it be the coil pack, MAF sensor needs cleaning? thanks for any help

Welcome to Explorer Forum! I have no Idea what the issue could be. Good luck and happy posting!

Cracked electronic housing on the MAF

I found that the housing on the MAF sensor was badly cracked and could b e lifted off. I am thinking this is the reason for my problem. I also know that the sensor can be checked with a DVOM so I think I am in the right area to fix my problem.

Back