95 Explorer Liftgate Weatherstrip - F1TZ-78404A06A Please | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

95 Explorer Liftgate Weatherstrip - F1TZ-78404A06A Please

hymes

Reaction score
I have a 95 Explorer XLT 4-door and need the liftgate/hatch weatherstrip. The dealership gave me the part number as F1TZ-78404A06A but has been discontinued. I have searched everywhere but can not find a replacement. Any ideas please?

Thanks
Alan

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Used from a junkyard is your best bet...

Find a clean one out the JY, that's what I've done, my 2000 at well over 270K developed a heck of a wind noise, turns out I lost a CHUNK of door gasket. Old rubber on trucks left outside with no treatment products applied is hard by now.

Try a "J.C. Whitney" catalog. They have a wide selection of all kinds of rubber w.s., not vehicle specific, you will have to match to the style you need, and the length. I have used them many times for such purpose.

The JY is still a good place to find once too.

I've looked around far and wide, that is the one weatherstrip that I cannot find from any source. I guess I'll be going the universal route here soon before winter comes on again, letting one last summer of baking happen before I do that.

Watching this one in case a good source is found.

Oh no mine is leaking like a seive. Can't find exact one either. Unless this truly is right although looks different....

Screenshot_20191130-214313~2.png

Good luck finding that part as it's been discontinued and no longer available. I installed one for a 2002 to 2005 Explorer which is the same as an Expedition, and Lincoln Navigator but this will require minor modification. Part number 6L1Z78404A06A.

Good luck finding that part as it's been discontinued and no longer available. I installed one for a 2002 to 2005 Explorer which is the same as an Expedition, and Lincoln Navigator but this will require minor modification. Part number 6L1Z78404A06A.
Hi. I'm searching for a lift gate seal as well. what kind of modifications are we talking about to get the one you ordered to work? did it fit well afterwards? thanks in advance.

I have a 95 Explorer XLT 4-door and need the liftgate/hatch weatherstrip. The dealership gave me the part number as F1TZ-78404A06A but has been discontinued. I have searched everywhere but can not find a replacement. Any ideas please?

Thanks
Alan
Did you come up with a solution? I have the same car and the rubber is starting to need a look. thanks for any advice on what you used.

I've looked around far and wide, that is the one weatherstrip that I cannot find from any source. I guess I'll be going the universal route here soon before winter comes on again, letting one last summer of baking happen before I do that.

Watching this one in case a good source is found.
What did you wind up using? And do you have any advice?
I'm currently considering this Ford Windstar seal at Summit Racing:

It looks like a similar double-bulb design, but I'm trying to find some more details on the profile and size before pulling the trigger. Trying to see if anyone on the forum has had any luck. thanks in advance.

Hey what did you end up using for a replacement? Thanks

Back