98 Mountaineer- Tires wearing blad on inside | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

98 Mountaineer- Tires wearing blad on inside

nickorsi

Reaction score
City, State
Cumming,Ga
Year, Model & Trim Level
05 Mountaineer
About 2yrs ago I had an alignment done on my 98 Mountaineer and was told I need a camber kit installed or replaced, don't remember which one. After letting this go now for 2yrs my front tires have worn almost bald on the inside. Do I really need a camber kit, or does the truck already have one factory that just needs adjustment? Wasn't sure if they shop was trying to sell me something that I don't need.

Also going to be replacing the tires, found Goodyear wranglers at Walmart for $65ea. Are these tires good for normal everyday driving or would you suggest something better

Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

One of my buddies has those tires on his 90' Chevy 4x4 stepside. Mediocre or worse in everything. If you need something round that holds air, then these will be ok.

For $5 more each, consider the Uniroyal Liberator A/T, which I think quite a few people on here have had good luck with them.

Can you just use spacers or do you have to use the kit? On race cars we use spacers to adjust the upper A-Arm, could camber on an X be done the same way?

No. Totaly different design. The A-arm bolts go in from the side not the front.

Back