98 xlt/18s/clears/tint/2"lower/grill/etc | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

98 xlt/18s/clears/tint/2"lower/grill/etc

no, its still a lil lighter than the factory tint. 28% is as low as i could go and remain legal. you can only tell if you look at a direct side angle....
yea, i have a sohc. did your gas mileage benefit from your chip/intake/exhaust mods??

Funny you should ask. I was getting about 17 MPG stock. I did the mods and it stayed the same. No big deal right? Well, last week I drove to NC from NY and got 17 MPG... ALL HIGHWAY. That sucks a$$. I was expecting to get mid 20's. Lowering and my airdam should have helped alone. Maybe its my exhaust. I dont know if losing back pressure hurts mileage.

Dazsherm, that dressed bumper assembly is all you would need, it'll bolt right up. Come to think of it, $350 is NOT a bad price at all!

Hartman

The Explorer looked nice the way it was of course because it was an Explorer and not a dam Jimmy or Blazer and now it looks really nice with those rims on it and a nice and wise decision to go with 18's. I always liked Explorers better than the Jimmy and Blazers. That is hard to believe that you got FWD rims on a 4x4 truck, I didn't think that was possible but I have an older vehicle with the locking hubs and rims are hard to come by because you have to drill out the front two so, the hubs will fit in the center of the rim. Nice addition to the X. Now it really stands out:D

Back