99 Eddie Bauer, Front left crash sensor MIA, wiring question | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

99 Eddie Bauer, Front left crash sensor MIA, wiring question

bgk

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 Explorer Eddie Bauer
Does anyone know the colors of the 3 wires that should connect to the front left Crash sensor on a 99 Eddie Bauer and/or the part # for the 4-pin Male pigtail they should be wired to in order to mate with the crash sensor's 4 hole female connector? A wiring diagram or photos would be a huge help.

Bought the truck used with airbag light 41. Finally trying to solve it and found that the front left crash sensor is not there at all. I got a new one and bolted it in place but just realized the pigtail I need to connect to the new sensor is not there. There are 3 loose wires dangling nearby that seem seem promising, but not sure which is which, nor the correct configuration to wire them up even if I did have the pigtail to do so. There are other wires in the bundle which go to aftermarket fog lamps and an ambient temp sensor so it's sort of a mess but hoping these loose wires are what I need.

The loose wires I found are "dark green/yellow stripe"; "dark green/white stripe"; "red/white stripe". (pretty dirty so could possibly be dark blue instead of green and maybe pink instead of red). Pic attached: the 3 loose wires are in the center of pic and on the right is the gray/white 4 hole connector on the new LH sensor which I need to mate them to.

Any help appreciated!!! P.S. The RH sensor is in place and it has only one wire coming from it which looks like a match for the red/white loose wire hanging near the site of the left sensor. Any help greatly appreciated!!

IMG_20191018_200828977.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The three colors I see are Yellow/Light-Green, Pink/White, and Purple/Light-Blue. See attachment.

I'd get a pigtail off a donor at a junkyard, then it's going to have the right colors to match up.

Attachments

• supplemental-restraints-1-of-1.pdf
    62.5 KB · Views: 103

Thanks J_C! Really appreciate the diagram but doesn't seem to matches mine (1999 v8 5L Eddie Bauer). The right crash sensor only has one wire and the harness, etc, is all intact and nothing loose over there.

I traced the wire connected to it and it is one of the 3 loose wires I found on the left (it's the Red/White one). I have seen the left sensor referred to as a primary sensor in some searches so leads me to think right sensor is tied thru that side?

The salvage idea is great and I am looking into that if I can find the same model. Appreciate it!

I don't know besides what is on the diagram, never had to mess with mine.

Back