a/c controls are jacked up....HELP | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

a/c controls are jacked up....HELP

Awesome! Glad it worked for ya. The blower itself does cost $64, but since Ford changed the design of the controller, I had to get a new harness also. Hence the rediculous price.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I am also having blower motor issues so they have the blower motor resister if it doesn't have a clmate control function correct??? Because on my settings inside the vehicle I have three knobs.. 1st blower speed, 2nd temp, and third vent selector. Any feedback would be great

If that's the case, then yes, your manual climate control uses resisters instead of controllers like the ones with EATC. So you can get the whole resister assembly from Ford for like $15. It's located at the same place where the controller is located.

Ok well a quick question before I go buyin parts. I removed what I think is the resistor it has a plug with four prongs and a series of coiled wires that all mount up on the sensor and they bolt up to the blower housing with two screws?? right part. Also when I turn the blower selector to speeds slower than fast there is power to the harness at one of the prongs... do this emiminate the switch since it does send power to the harness??

Yeah. If there's power to the switch, then the resister is out. The resister is right on the blower motor. You can't miss it.

Ok so the resistor is on the blower motor... i thought the other sensor thing I removed from the blower motor housing... as in big plastic box was the resistor. So the place where the blower motor get power is the resistor? I tested the power to the blower plug and it only gets power in the high position but the plug that goes to this other sensor thats in the blower housing with all the little coiled wires gets power only when the speed selector is less than high. Hope this gives some guideance. The only other vehicle I had blower problems was my S10 and the blower completely died one day so I wasn't hard to figure out. Any help would be great

Same or Different?

Sorry to jump on this post but since you are on the subject.
I've got heat, fan - all levels- but directional system does not work - it is stuck on defrost and will only blow in this mode. Air works fine, but only shoots toward the windshield. Is this all part of the same blower resister??
Help. Winter is on us and While defrost id used most often - My feet are freezin.
Thanks

Oct7brian said:
Ok so the resistor is on the blower motor... i thought the other sensor thing I removed from the blower motor housing... as in big plastic box was the resistor. So the place where the blower motor get power is the resistor? I tested the power to the blower plug and it only gets power in the high position but the plug that goes to this other sensor thats in the blower housing with all the little coiled wires gets power only when the speed selector is less than high. Hope this gives some guideance. The only other vehicle I had blower problems was my S10 and the blower completely died one day so I wasn't hard to figure out. Any help would be great

Dude, I recommend you to get a Haynes Manual. It costs only $10 and can really help ya out with detailed pics. That's how I fixed mine. I wish I can explain this more in detail but I can't. I beleive it's the plastic thing on the blower motor housing.

Pointe Watch said:
Sorry to jump on this post but since you are on the subject.
I've got heat, fan - all levels- but directional system does not work - it is stuck on defrost and will only blow in this mode. Air works fine, but only shoots toward the windshield. Is this all part of the same blower resister??
Help. Winter is on us and While defrost id used most often - My feet are freezin.
Thanks

You probably have a vacuum problem. Do a search on here. You should find something.

As far the vent selection problem it could be a broken or leaking vacume line like said before or a ****ter door is broke or jamed. With your blower all the way down if you change the selector knob you should hear the doors working if you hear nothing I'd look into the vacume issue but if you hear something but it clicks and makes weird noises you might have a bad ****ter door

Thanks, I will check it out. Oh, where and what is the ****ter in Ford Language? I did hear a clicking when trying to change direction. How do I get to it to free it up.
Have Haynes book but it doesn't show. Can't live without heat in the ****ter.

No idea dude about the noise. As for the heat I guess it all depends on how warm you dress. I know little to nothin about fords really other than common maintance crap. I'm more of a jeep person the explorer is now my wifes.. she doesn't like lifts

Back