A little help w/a few check engine codes | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

A little help w/a few check engine codes

davesexplorer

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Central PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 F350 7.3
well I pulled the check engine codes from the ex today, had a check engine light for a while.....
and I dug out my haynes manual.....
With the Key Off Engine Off I got

335 twice-haynes says: EGR sensor voltage out of range
332 twice-" " : EGR valve opening not detected

With the Key on Engine On I got

326 twice-Haynes says: Not in Haynes manual ???
538 twice-" " : Invalid cylinder test--throttle movement
632 twice-" " : Tranny Control Switch did not change states during KOER??

Can anyone help me out with these, I changed the EGR valve last year, I thought they lasted longer than that!
I am guessing the lower codes 538, 632 are because the engine/tranny have to be tested by dealership...
Wheres the freakin EGR sensor, since I am also guessing I have to replace that!!

Oh and thanks in advance!!!!! :D

little......help...... oh well chek back tomorrow......

According to http://dalidesign.com/hbook/3digit.html the 326 is also an EGR code. Need to perform pinpoint tests to determine if it's a bad EGR valve, bad PFE sensor, bad connections, or something else causing bad readings from the EGR.
the other two codes are probably from not performing the KOER test properly. It calls for a "goose" test, which, if neglected sets the 538 code, and the 632 was the computer looking for transmission switch (maybe the O/D off switch) to be switched during the KOER test. Note steps 6 and 7 of the KOER test on the eectest page that you can link to from the above codes page.

Thanks a lot man, I will have to go over the EGR system, and yes I didn't goose the throttle... to busy writing down the other codes... guess I'll have to get on that!!! thanks again.....

Back