2017 Platinum with Sport Grille (Gif animation) | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2017 Platinum with Sport Grille (Gif animation)

@jonnoriega has a black grille on his black Platinum. I don't recall whether he had the original grille painted, or he replaced it with a Sport grille.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

@jonnoriega has a black grille on his black Platinum. I don't recall whether he had the original grille painted, or he replaced it with a Sport grille.
He used plastidip I think. I'm not sure how durable it is or how long it will last.

Another thing to consider is that the grill being painted could actually be viewed as a bad thing. I don't know how much highway driving you do but more paint to get chipped. I wrapped the front of my Sport with Xpel Ultimate but nothing on the grille unfortunately.

He used plastidip I think. I'm not sure how durable it is or how long it will last.

It's been over a year and it looks the same as when I had it done and I get bugs all the time. I've been using F11 Top Coat to have them removed and do carwashes occasionally of course.

It's been over a year and it looks the same as when I had it done and I get bugs all the time. I've been using F11 Top Coat to have them removed and do carwashes occasionally of course.

Taken last week.
3DD8C93C-F342-4F3A-873F-1314B2A022A6.JPG

Paint the factory Platinum grille black to match is my vote. Besides the bodyshop is clueless, painting chrome plastic is not the same as painting chrome plated metal.

I had my ugly 'chrome' door handles, and rear door 'explorer' trim strip painted, no issues!

Paint the factory Platinum grille black to match is my vote. Besides the bodyshop is clueless, painting chrome plastic is not the same as painting chrome plated metal.

Back