A Mind of it's own Auto Climate Control | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

A Mind of it's own Auto Climate Control

Mr XLT

Reaction score
City, State
Beaverton, Oregon
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 Eddie Bauer V-8(5.0L)
It works good but I don't get the right tempurature all the time.

Not using "auto" Isn't it supose to get warmer as you raise the temp? Say I have it set to 82 degrees, it will heat the truck up for a little while then the air turns cold then hot and cold..... I then have to turn the temp. to 90 degrees to get heat to stay on. Alot of the time it will blow the same temp. of heat if I have it at 75 degrees or 85 degrees, no gradual raise in the temp.

Using "auto" it works for awhile then the air turns cold until the cabin is damb near freezing then it will blow hot hot hot air until the cabin is burning and so on and so fourth. Isn't it supose to keep the car at the temp you set it too without such a drastic change from hot to cold. Not comfortable at all!

This is after I forked out $750.00 for a new heat unit(Blend Door failure). Did i get a faulty heat box unit?

MR XLT

Make sure the temp sensor behind the little vent in the middle of the dash is not being blocked and maybe check to make sure it isn't all crudded up. Sounds like a problem w/that sensor.

Back