• Register Today It's free!

A pillars finally done

Wagonized

Reaction score
City, State
abbotsford bc
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 5.0 limited
Finished glassing my pillars a couple weeks back to house the TN52 focal tweeters for my k2p set. Was a major pain to wrap them with the contours and ultra suede that i used but in the end it worked out not too badly for an SPL guy trying to make something look good.

The passenger side has two small wrinkles near the tweeter itself which really bother me so I might rip off the fabric and redo it.

focal_pillars.jpg

focal_pillars2.jpg

They should sound half decent too im hoping :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I hate my gov. computer. I cannot see the pictures. ARGH!!!!

Update your sound domain page. I can see pics on there.

I hate my gov. computer. I cannot see the pictures. ARGH!!!!

Update your sound domain page. I can see pics on there.

my sound domain was from a totally different explorer....i tend to go through a vehicle every 6-10 months.

Ha ha. Wish I had that kind of money. To go through several vehicles. Well could you update that page so I could at least see what ya got.

what is the logic behind aiming the tweets how you did? From the pics, they are aimed at each other. Wouldn't it produce a better sound stage if they were aimed up and to the back a little more? If not, why?

Thanks,
Ryan

Ha ha. Wish I had that kind of money. To go through several vehicles. Well could you update that page so I could at least see what ya got.

I never said they were nice vehicles lol I usually scout out good deals, sink a lot of time and a bit of money into them and drive them daily then when i get bored I flip them for profit. Ive made some money and last some money but all in all I started with a $400 1985 thunderbird and now I have a $6500 97 explorer (ya i know prices are high for 5.0s in canada) within 3 years.

Ill add some pillar pics to that cardomain page in a couple minutes.

what is the logic behind aiming the tweets how you did? From the pics, they are aimed at each other. Wouldn't it produce a better sound stage if they were aimed up and to the back a little more? If not, why?

Thanks,
Ryan

im not much of an SQ expert at all but after I bought these components I talked to a local SQ bigwig who tunes cars all over the world for competitors. He suggested to place them there and face them towards each other....mids should be faced towards each other also.

Tweeter high and mid really low (stock position in the door or lower if I could) was how these particular components were designed to work best.

But im not totally sure of the specifics...im sure they're way over my head at this point...I just want to get loud.

Back