A4LD Bellhousing Bolt Reinstall Issue | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

A4LD Bellhousing Bolt Reinstall Issue

Angelic Magnus

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 Ford Explorer XLT
I have removed the old transmission and reinstalled a new one will very little problem except I am now stuck attempting to get the top two bellhousing bolts to catch a thread in the engine, I have tried everything I can think of to no avail. All other bellhousing bolts have been installed and the four torque converter nuts. What could be preventing these two bolts from inserting?

Wiring pinched in there, that's usually the problem

No wiring that I can see I can view it clearly from above the engine and below a transmission place that I called said that there was a pin plate that could be in the way, I don't know what that is unless it's the thin metal plate between the transmission and the engine, but from what I can see if the other bolts are all threaded through it and it is flush it shouldn't be in the way. If any body knows if that could be it and how to move it that would be appreciated it stayed put the entire removal and install of the new one.

There is a bracket attached to some wires on the back of the engine block that seems to have shifted down about an inch, this is in between the engine block and transmission. I've backed all of the mounting bolts out a bit and shifted the transmission back about an inch so there is a clear gap but I can't get this bracket to move at all does anyone know how this thing is mounted or how to move it?

Back