A7 navigation map for SYNC 2 released | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

A7 navigation map for SYNC 2 released

I just picked up my 16 Ex on Friday and it has version A6... I am going to email my sales guy and see what he can do about getting it updated. It should have the latest when I buy it...
Let us know how you make out. I'd be surprised if they would 'give' you an A7 card since these cards are supplied by the factory. A7 may well be the latest version but that doesn't necessarily mean that Ford is installing them at the moment. Especially if there are no significant changes. The only time that I recall Ford supplying a new navigation SD card was when of the MFT updates required it.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I just picked up my 16 Ex on Friday and it has version A6... I am going to email my sales guy and see what he can do about getting it updated. It should have the latest when I buy it...

Actually I was told the vehicle comes with the card when it is shipped to the dealer. If this is true it should have the card that was available at the time it was built, not delivered to the customer.

Actually I was told the vehicle comes with the card when it is shipped to the dealer. If this is true it should have the card that was available at the time it was built, not delivered to the customer.

You are correct, Jason. The SD cards come from the factory while the vehicles are being built. If A6 is the latest during that time, then that is what's shipped with the vehicle.

Rebecca

It does. That is what I meant when I said it is supplied by the factory. Should have put that another way I guess. The card usually comes in a protective holder. The dealer installed it in my 2011 Ex but it was still in the package when I got my MKT. I wonder if any members that have recently picked their new 2016 models have checked to see which card they have installed?

Peter

My 2016 Platinum came with A7. I checked to make sure before we left the dealer. It was just built however since it has the Ebony Black interior.

My 2016 Platinum came with A7. I checked to make sure before we left the dealer. It was just built however since it has the Ebony Black interior.

Mine is also Ebony Black interior.. Was built on 12/7

When was A7 released?

I'll check my build date

That is the one for Ford navigation. Kind of expensive though compared to what another member got an A6 card for on eBay. See post 5. Not tied to the VIN.

Yeah, but that was version A6 once A7 got released... That's why it was so cheap. This is $35 off the Ford retail. I'm not planning to get it. I use Google Maps or Waze anyway most of the time. Was just curious.

The date on my window sticker is 12/22/15 so the final assembly was probably around 12/29/15 or so.

The date on my window sticker is 12/22/15 so the final assembly was probably around 12/29/15 or so.
The build date IS the date it was built. It only takes an hour or two.

Peter

Okay. I was going from some information I read on the F150 forum. They said the date on the sticker is the date it was printed and that final assembly is a few days later. Doing some more reading, I learned the build date is in the upper border of the window sticker and that was lost when it was peeled from my window. I used the online tool to pull up my window sticker and saw that the actual build date is 01/08/16.

It might be the case that new maps shipment to the factory precedes the official release date to the current owners, so built date doesn't really matter.
Moreover, sometimes dealer decides to supply the customer with the latest nav map available at its own cost.

Who provides the map data? In my old Mountaineer, whoever provided the data had a website you could go to & look at the map data for a specific area. I think you could post updates & corrections, too. It seems to me that the A6 card I have in the new Explorer has more data missing than the A4 card I had in my old Explorer. I'd like to be able to see what the new card has before I decide to pay $150 for it.

Who provides the map data? In my old Mountaineer, whoever provided the data had a website you could go to & look at the map data for a specific area. I think you could post updates & corrections, too. It seems to me that the A6 card I have in the new Explorer has more data missing than the A4 card I had in my old Explorer. I'd like to be able to see what the new card has before I decide to pay $150 for it.
I believe it is still NAVTEQ.
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3116245&postcount=201

Peter

Hey HDJulie,

peterk9 is correct. Map updates are supplied by HERE (formally Navteq). You can place orders through this link: http://ford.navigation.com/home/en_...tm_medium=old-homepage&utm_source=FORD-NAVCOM

You can also submit map data here: https://mapcreator.here.com/mapcreator/31.786427582245,44.322329,3,0,0

Whitney

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

As it was mentioned, provider is Navteq and maps itself are by HERE.
Unfortunately, you will not find anywhere what is the difference between like A5 and A6 or A6 and A7, there is no such info available.

and of course, don't by the latest or don't buy it from official website, it is way to expensive, shop on ebay or amazon instead...

Back