abs noise maybe | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

abs noise maybe

Ha just noticed I was talking to you again. Man I'm about sick of this cold weather we are having. It's Suppose to hit 50 during the week.

Yeah, I'm sick of the cold weather too! Been a rough, snowy and cold winter. We're paying for those 2 previous warm winters we had. Yes, 50 by Thursday, but 1 degree for a low tonight! :( One thing I am doing to my Ex this spring is removing my "running boards", all they do is catch the snow getting kicked up by my tires and it builds up on the running board mounting brackets and rails. What a PITA they are!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

well I did research and found that other people had the 4x4 low light on also. also advance trac goes off and my 4x4 hi and low lights blink on the dash every few minutes. I don't know what the noise is though. it only happens when I ppunch it in the snow and my back tires don't grip. it only does it for a second and its definitely coming from the front. for my truck which is black, I want to add the front black billet grill and fog lights covers. I already have on black headlight housings and an 8000k hid kit. I also need some new tail lights one of mine has a miner crack, so its an excuse to get some black ones on ebay.

i have clear corners too. with the hids which i love, when im sitting at a read light and i see my turn signal on i think it looks horrible. something about the ugly orange blinking next to the nice blue light bugs me. do you know if in nys we are allowed to change the color of our blinker bulb? I cant wait for it to get warmer. my interior needs a major cleaning. my traction button in the center gets stuck because of all the crap in there.

. I don't know what the noise is though. it only happens when I ppunch it in the snow and my back tires don't grip. it only does it for a second and its definitely coming from the front. .

Not sure what your problem is with that. Maybe check the front suspension for something loose or worn out. Try to pinpoint what corner of the vehicle the noise is coming from and go from there. Have someone you know stand outside your vehicle (or vice-versa) and listen for the noise when you "punch it on snow" to see if you or they can locate where the sound is coming from.

i. do you know if in nys we are allowed to change the color of our blinker bulb? I cant wait for it to get warmer. my interior needs a major cleaning. my traction button in the center gets stuck because of all the crap in there.

Not sure whether you can change the turn signal bulb color in NY State on your vehicle, kinda doubt you can knowing how a-nal NY State can be on things. I hear ya on warmer weather to clean the truck. I just took it thru the car wash last week to get some of the road salt off of it. My black EX was looking white before the wash.

Back