Abs, traction control, and wrench light on after new brakes | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Abs, traction control, and wrench light on after new brakes

i know you have bled the brakes several times but try this. buy a bottle or 2 of brake fluid. get u a turkey baster and suck some fluid out of the out but not enough to dry it out. go to the furthest capiler away from the master, which should be back right. have someone pump the brakes a couple times, hold them down on the third time, then crack the bleeder and let it drain for a sec then tighten it. have ur assistant push in the brake to the floor, then let their foot slide off the pedal instead of easing it back. this will force the air out if there is any. keep adding fluid to ur master cylinder and dont let it dry out. do each caliper like this until u get clean fluid from each. ur problem is most likely air in ur lines.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Did this last night. No change. Thanks for the suggestion.

I've bled the brakes repeatedly. I dropped it down on the ground. Will not go over 3-4mph and the front brakes apply themselves. No change when i turn the traction control off.

Have u made sure there is no damage to the abs wires coming from the hub? It almost has to be a sensor problem or Ur bearing is cracked and the sensor isn't reading

I have a mechanic coming by with a scanner to put on it.

Okay. I had a guy come by and scan it. Showed a problem with the speed sensor in the right front hub. Pulled it off and got a replacement Timken from Autozone. Just got back from a test drive and everything appears to be in order. EASY job!

Thanks to everyone who offered advice. I have 423,000 on my 97 thanks to you folks. I hope i get the same out of this one.

"EASY job!" You suck! :)

423,000 on your 97... You rock! :notworthy

yeah i bet the whole job didn't take 2 hours.

I have a ford explorer 2015 model. My brake pads on the four wheel went flat with the abs, trac service, check brake lights coming on. So, I had all the brake pads changed but the abs and other lights refuses to go off. Please what can i do?

I have a ford explorer 2015 model. My brake pads on the four wheel went flat with the abs, trac service, check brake lights coming on. So, I had all the brake pads changed but the abs and other lights refuses to go off. Please what can i do?

You need to get it scanned to check the codes. It's possible you have a bad speed sensor / damaged sensor ring. There also could be a pressure sensor or module issue. Instead of throwing a bunch of parts at it it's best to diagnose the problem correctly.

Back