• Register Today It's free!

AC Blend Door ?

jaysexplorer

Reaction score
City, State
Omaha
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 Eddie B
New Member. I have a 97 Eddie B and have been having AC problems. I have had it recharged and local shop whats $1200 to fix the Blend door. I have found the cheaper fix which looks pretty easy. My question is my AC cools at idle but when driving or high RPM's I get heat instead of AC. I'm not convienced it's really a blend door problem. If it's not a blend door problem what could it be.
Thanks,

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have never seen that before. It's usualy the other way around.

I went ahead and cut the bottom of the plenum out and it was the blend door. The hinge was broken so the door probably had some play in it realitive to the fan speed. But, the good news is I got it fixed. Great way to say $1,200. Thanks, for the help.

I have a 98, how were you able to go thru the plenum??? details please I may be looki

I have hot air when the "A/C " is on the compressor and refridgerant is good. I can run it in "Max A/c" and get cool air out of the center ducts.I thinking about tieing off the heater control valve so I can utilize the other ducts. any help will be appreciated Thanks Spin

Back