Paraphoe

Go big or go home
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Willow Grove, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 XLT
Does anyone know how to/where to get the parts/if it's possible to add crossbar anchors to the stock roof rack on a 97 to mount an additional cross bar? The roof rack comes with 2 cross bar anchors and one tie down point on each side. The cross bars screw into the anchors on either end. Is it possible to add a third crossbar anchor on each side to add a third crossbar to the rack?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

bttt

unless they changed something... my 96 crossbars are moveable, they slide up and down the track, you could add another crossbar, and more little D ring tie downs too, jsut would need to get them, they jsut slide in

unless they changed something... my 96 crossbars are moveable, they slide up and down the track, you could add another crossbar, and more little D ring tie downs too, jsut would need to get them, they jsut slide in

yep^^

The anchors can slide right in on the front if I take the end caps off?

tehre is a small knob in the side of the crossbar, it allows the whole thing to slide forward or backward if you loosen it first, and it will allow you to completely slide the rails off the track

Alright, thanks. Now I just need to find the crossbar anchors.

Back