Photos - 3rd gen pic's | Page 41 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Good looking X! Any plans for it?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Not my Explorer (obviously) but thought it would be interesting to post a NYC Taxi explorer.

IMG00441.jpg

Good looking X! Any plans for it?
not to much.. haveing a kid soon, but maybe a bull bar... and fix a few issues,

(just had to fix the parking brakes, i guess the last guy never used them, they fell apart one day on my way home from work. needed new rotors anyways they were pretty rusty on the inside.. of the drum part. )

also the unlock button on the drivers side does not work, you can lock but u can not unlock... i changed the swith but no luck.. must be a bad wite or ground for te switch.. have to do some testing...

and the only other issue.. looks like the tranfer case is leaking a little... not sure if i want to tackel that my self.. might just take it some where... ( still have to give it a good look over...)

not to much.. haveing a kid soon, but maybe a bull bar... and fix a few issues,

(just had to fix the parking brakes, i guess the last guy never used them, they fell apart one day on my way home from work. needed new rotors anyways they were pretty rusty on the inside.. of the drum part. )

also the unlock button on the drivers side does not work, you can lock but u can not unlock... i changed the swith but no luck.. must be a bad wite or ground for te switch.. have to do some testing...

and the only other issue.. looks like the tranfer case is leaking a little... not sure if i want to tackel that my self.. might just take it some where... ( still have to give it a good look over...)

Welcome aboard! :salute:

I had similar electrical issues with my 02 xlt. The dome lights would stay on until the battery saver feature turned them off, the driver side puddle light didn't work, the keypad on the door would set off the alarm when I pressed it, the door ajar light would flash and beep at highway speeds, etc.

A lot of electrical issues can be traced back to broken/damaged wire(s) in the boot between the body and the door. I found a broken wire and repaired it and all is back to normal!

Here is a great thread for removing the door panel, thanks to borland for the awesome write-up: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=249253

Here is a great thread for checking for broken/damaged wires, thanks to synyster for this awesome write-up: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums//showthread.php?t=270081

Good luck!!! :biggthump

I've only just worked how to post pictures,better late than never i spose:chug:

Attachments

• 02112010_001.jpg
    02112010_001.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 1,791
  • 02112010_004.jpg
    02112010_004.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 1,804
  • 03112010.jpg
    03112010.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 1,821

Dude where did you find that sweet brush guard??

cheers mate check around there should be a similar bar available to you in the states. great for punching through deer,small cattle or in my case kangaroos

lynchywa.....
Good looking X! Definately a different brush guard than what I have ever seen.

thanks mate makes me feel safe on the back highways i spend a bit of time on (300 mile trip) plenty of 7' roos and dozens of wallabies, even a few emu's. i really dont want to hit one of them all their weight is 4' off the ground and i dont want hitch hikers in my front seat (not when they enter via the windshield anyway)

Thats why I put the bull bar on. Even thats not enough front end protection. I've almost had my front bumper taken off by another car a few times. :( Some of these utah drivers are crazy!

the backdrop looks awesome on your trucks pic i'd have to try very hard to keep my eyes on the road

beautiful country, beautiful truck

hey kazer if you were chasing a "guard" like this you might be able to pick up a cheap 2nd hand alloy semi bullbar then do your own fab or get your local shop to make it like you want it? just an idea

i gotta agree with lynchy, that scenery looks amazing icecube. too bad we dont get anything like that round here

Old pics plus the most recent pics on the bottom now

Photo from dealership May 2010
29449_1255162991474_1601550118_30577908_6504807_n.jpg

Then after a few months of ownership...new tires, washed and waxed
DSCN3501-1.jpg

DSCN3499.jpg

DSCN3503.jpg

Say goodbye to those ugly a$$ running boards, black rustoleum paint on frame--starting to look a lot nicer. My beginning of my journey on making this truck look great
64031_1387079689309_1601550118_30866111_6220444_n.jpg

Bull bar and bug deflector
72131_1393863058889_1601550118_30879049_1412777_n.jpg

66303_1393862938886_1601550118_30879048_3591574_n.jpg

69359_1393861978862_1601550118_30879045_418431_n.jpg

33538_1393862378872_1601550118_30879046_6905500_n.jpg

Removed and Painted the Cowl
IMAG0140.jpg

Removed and Painted Wiper Arms
IMAG0139.jpg

I then put window visors on too but don't have pics of them yet and I also installed LED's in all the dome lights inside and hit most of the underside with Rustoleum spray paint. Just got new sway bar bushings in the front end to stop an annoying squeak and put in a K&N air filter for the air box mod.

And I finally got some decent auxiliary driving lights installed on the bull bar today
(Crummy pic cause it was raining out)
fogs.jpg

Seeing how you painted the trim piece; a great item to use on the wipers, mirrors, etc...
Mothers back to black. Makes the black trim look like new. (just use on plastic trim)
back2black.jpg

Should. I used it on my roof rack (black pieces only), mirrors, wipers, trim, running boards when I had em, and the back bumper step. Takes a lot of work to do the bumper step.

Should. I used it on my roof rack (black pieces only), mirrors, wipers, trim, running boards when I had em, and the back bumper step. Takes a lot of work to do the bumper step.

I have used tire black on my black trim before, this might be a better product lol

Another good product for waxing time is: Meguire's or Mother or Turtle Wax clay bar kit, Meguires Ultimate compound, and then a coat of Meguire's Gold Class Wax. That really brought the shine out on my X.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Another good product for waxing time is: Meguire's or Mother or Turtle Wax clay bar kit, Meguires Ultimate compound, and then a coat of Meguire's Gold Class Wax. That really brought the shine out on my X.

I use Mothers clay... love that stuff

Back