aftermarket HU with JBL system..97 Sport | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

aftermarket HU with JBL system..97 Sport

97exploder19

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 Limited 5.0
My buddy has a 97 sport with the JBL cassette radio. He's ordering an aftermarket double din HU and asked me to help find the correct wiring harness for it, but im having troubles.

I searched around and found that the metra 70-5601 seems to be the correct harness. Is that right??

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_12668_Metra+70-5601.html

I would tell him to pop the stock deck out and look at the plugs on the back.. You could also go on crutchfield, outfit the car, and enter the exact specs of everything, after which point it will show the harness needed.. But trust me, this is model year range can be a big hassle with different harnesses, stock amps, and sometimes even the stock amp having different harnesses.. I know for my 97 XLT, I could have gotten a harness sort of like that (where you have to run wires all the way from the deck to the amp in the cargo area), but instead I just wired up the stock amp initially, and when I decided to add my own amp, I bypassed the stock amp with a little jumper cable..

Back