Alpine IVA-W205 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Alpine IVA-W205

AndrewJS

Reaction score
I found this on sale and i was going to buy it but they said that since it has the tilt function the unit will not fit in my 97 Ford explorer

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I think the Alpine IVA-W205 is this years model. I bought the older model without the built in blackbird dock a few years ago. It fits in a 97 explorer. I had to do some trimming (nothing serious) but it fits.

Thanks but I missed the sell sucks LOL
I will see what other shops say and if its good then I will wait for it to come on sale again. But I'm also looking at the Pioneer Avic 700bt

I think the Alpine IVA-W205 is this years model. I bought the older model without the built in blackbird dock a few years ago. It fits in a 97 explorer. I had to do some trimming (nothing serious) but it fits.

The W205 has been out for about two years. The W505 is the one that came out earlier this year, with a full 7" screen.

The W200 and W205 are shaped the same, and all 3 should fit without too much trouble.

The tilt function doesn't have anything to do with it. Not sure who "they" is and why "they" told you that.

It's a nice head unit.

Grrr... Stupid... I would understand a place like Best Buy giving me false info but this was a fairly good place for Car audio.. its not the best they dont only sale car audio... that pissed me off thanks for the info... I'm gona go back today after doing some research on the unit... and try and get it for the price i would have thanks..

So I found out today I didnt miss the sale of the deck so I am going to go to another Visions store and see what they say... if they say it cant fit then I wont fight with them... I wont trust them installing it.. and dont have time to take the deck and drive to my shop a hour south of town anytime soon to install it my self.

Update
Ok so I called one of the other stores and they said I need to go to ford and get a new dash piece if i want a double din deck... Just the Dash kit isnt enough.. But no other place has mentioned that nor is that what i understand from these forums... Please help me out I would rather this deck then the Pioneer F700BT But I only have till the 17th to buy this deck...

Back