• Register Today It's free!

amp installation kit question

Holty

Reaction score
City, State
Pittsburgh, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 Explorer XLT AWD V8
Should I use a 4 or 8 gauge amp install kit for my Kicker ZX460 4channel amp running about 60WX4? they have some kick ass deals on ebay for install kits. best buy wanted like $60 just for 16ft. power and ground wire.

also, are 13ft. rca's long enough to go from behind my head unit to the back of the back seat? thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Originally posted by Holty
Should I use a 4 or 8 gauge amp install kit for my Kicker ZX460 4channel amp running about 60WX4? they have some kick ass deals on ebay for install kits. best buy wanted like $60 just for 16ft. power and ground wire.

also, are 13ft. rca's long enough to go from behind my head unit to the back of the back seat? thanks.

I would use 4 g.

You don't need 4 gauge unless you plan on getting another amp. Yes...13 feet should be fine.

As far as amp kits...buy online.

KnuKonceptz.com has amp kits for under 20 dollars.

a 4 channel amp does not need anything bigger than 8 in my opinion but if you have subs going to this amp you'd be smart to go 4 if you can get it to fit into the + on the amp. If you have two seperate amp s for subs and components. YOu should get a distrobution block and run 4awg.

Its all a matter of what you wana do in the furture,.. if you wana get another amp or subs... run the 4,.. if not 8 is more then enough for that amp..

well, for right now, i'm not going to run any subs, but I will in the future. I have to check and make sure the + on the amp will hold a 4awg wire.....but i will probably just use 4awg.

If you are going to have to run wire anyway, its always a good idea to oversize so you will not have to rerun wire in the future.

Good luck.....

Back