• Register Today It's free!

Another egr disaster!

Rick98

Reaction score
City, State
Chicago, IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Eddie Bauer AWD
Recently I asked on about my egr valve possibly being bad and I was told most likely it was my solenoid so I went and bought one and when I went disconnect the hose connection the white f ing hose snapped off. I was so mad a lot of people heard me cursing lol. Can I just join the hose with a small piece of hose? My truck is a 00 ex Eddie b edition.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If you are referring to the hard plastic vacuum line the answer is yes.Just get some small diameter rubber hose(squirter hose maybe)to repair the break.

DPFE not EVR

Recently I asked on about my egr valve possibly being bad and I was told most likely it was my solenoid so I went and bought one and when I went disconnect the hose connection the white f ing hose snapped off. I was so mad a lot of people heard me cursing lol. Can I just join the hose with a small piece of hose? My truck is a 00 ex Eddie b edition.

As I recall it was suggested that you probably have a bad DPFE (differential pressure feedback EGR) sensor not a bad EVR (EGR vacuum regulator) or solenoid. Did you ever replace the DPFE?

As I recall it was suggested that you probably have a bad DPFE (differential pressure feedback EGR) sensor not a bad EVR (EGR vacuum regulator) or solenoid. Did you ever replace the DPFE?

Yeah I changed it yesterday but I snapped the white plastic tube

And thanks for your advice. My dumb a$$ would have replaced the egr valve lol. Thanks really

Back