• Register Today It's free!

anyone else with squeaky windows?

baehan

Reaction score
City, State
Tempe, AZ
Year, Model & Trim Level
92 XLT 4WD
it seems that my front windows are fine, but when i roll down my rear windows, they are squeaky. they also vibrate as they go down. should i maybe shoot some wd40 or some other lubricant up and down the tracks? anyone else with this issue?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

mine used to do it all the time... i dont know what can be done about it..... i also no longer have any windows to worry about.....

I would try something like white lithium grease on the tracks. WD40 is a temporary fix and won't last long.

Robb

Actually my right rear window just started squeaking. A couple weeks ago when it started, all I did was clean the outside of the window and it went away. I guess all the dust and dirt made the rubber around the bottom of the window squeak. I'll wash it again today and see what happens.

My rear windows have the same problem. They are squeaky and have drag. It takes a while to get them up. If anyone has a way to fix them please tell us. Thanx.

Back