Anyone on Vancouver isl into older rangers? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Anyone on Vancouver isl into older rangers?

Holly Pearson

Reaction score
City, State
nanaimo
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 ranger STX 4L 4x4 5spd
Hey new here, having a hard time finding the specific truck I'm looking for, figured I'd try here. Cant decide if i want to sell my current truck or put the time/money into extending her life or finding another exact model in better cond. So far I haven't found a single one for sale... Its an awesome truck dont dont really want to give it up
Its a 1991 ranger stx extended cab 4x4 with auto locking hubs 5spd manual transmission 4.0L engine. 330k on original motor and still going strong as a daily driver. Its probably one of the best trucks i have ever owned. The underside is gettin a bit to rusty for my liking tho so id like to find a nicer one or im open to selling this one if anyone is looking for one

Your Ranger is definitely well equipped with the 4.0 and 5 speed transmission. I'm not sure what it would cost to ship, but if you could find a nice rust free Ranger from the desert Southwest you would have a platform which would be ready to go for another 300k ;)

Holly, welcome to the forum. I live in the NE where they use a lot of salt on the roads in the winter, I have a 00 Ranger 4x4 that the frame looked quite rusty so the last time I had the bed off the frame I cleaned the frame from the cab back & coated it with Master Series chassis black.
MasterSeriesCT Coating Line Rust Prevention - Prices

Back