Arm Rest?!?! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Arm Rest?!?!

mltsaccord

Reaction score
City, State
Granite City, Illinois
Year, Model & Trim Level
Well this is the 2nd armrest i have gone thru in my 99 Ex and i would rather come up with something else then replace it with the same crappy, weak, armrest. Just wondering if anyone has done anything creative with theres and if so post pics, give me some ideas!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

nobody else?

I think both of our responses came from an... ahem... search.

well..... i wasnt talking about reinforcing the one thats in there i was asking if anyone had taken it out and made like a fiberglass box or a completely diff. arm rest.. if thats already in another search excuse me......

Dude- don't get pissy. Your first search didn't say much of anything about what you wanted to replace, and neither did your first response. Are we supposed to read your mind as well as perform searches for you? Jesus...

Whats wrong with your armrest? My Explorer has been in the family since it rolled off the dealer new and the original arm rest is still there. The top surface (whatever its made of) has a half-inch crack on it from old age (or sun damage or whatever) but its held up so far. And I've leaned, pulled, and have climbed over it many times trying to prevent the Explorer from rolling over w/o anything breaking.

the top of my tan "leather" arm rest is completely mangled, torn, and scratched up. i ordered a new OEM replacement off ebay for $40 (even the same color match :D) I always keep an eye on ebay for parts, and when those arm rest go on there biddin starts like crazy...http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?sofocus=mppf&sbrftog=1&dfsp=32&from=R40&_trksid=m37&satitle=ford+explorer+arm+rest&sacat=-1%26catref%3DC6&fmmk=ford&fmmd=explorer&fylo=1995&fyhi=1197&mppfqy=ford+explorer+arm+rest&sargn=-1%26saslc%3D2&sadis=200&fpos=75098&sabfmts=1&saobfmts=insif&ftrt=1&ftrv=1&saprclo=&saprchi=&fsop=32%26fsoo%3D2

EDIT : The gray one is at $81 right now !

Whats wrong with your armrest? My Explorer has been in the family since it rolled off the dealer new and the original arm rest is still there. The top surface (whatever its made of) has a half-inch crack on it from old age (or sun damage or whatever) but its held up so far. And I've leaned, pulled, and have climbed over it many times trying to prevent the Explorer from rolling over w/o anything breaking.

Mine is also very sturdy. It's had lots of weight and pressures on it, and it has been used as a middle seat a time or two. Who needs a passenger van to drive a lot of people?:p:

well i din't do it in my ex, but i made a center armrest for my 83 t-bird. it wasent really about it breaking but for for stereo. i made it out of wood, and put a light amount of foam over it then wraped it in leather.

any way whats wrong with yours? what keeps breaking?

ahem.....

well my armrest was broke when i got it, the i replaced all the plastic peices and it broke again when i put to much pressure on it.

im going to take it out tonight and see if i cant come up with a new center peice with maybe a spot or 2 for speakers on the back. or something around those lines.

(oh and i wasnt getting pissy! ahem.... i did try the search several times)

im going to take it out tonight and see if i cant come up with a new center peice with maybe a spot or 2 for speakers on the back. or something around those lines.
That'd be an interesting idea, I never really liked the original design 100%, seemed like it had some dead space you could use for something.

That'd be an interesting idea, I never really liked the original design 100%, seemed like it had some dead space you could use for something.

yea i think it would be pretty neat! maybe just 2 little subs, or highs. ill figure something out lol

Back