autolamp failure | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

autolamp failure

brewosu

Reaction score
We have a 95 explorer eddie baurer that we just got and the autolamp feature isnt working right. The autolamp turns on and off and when its dark the light will come on indicating that the headlights should be on, but they dont turn on. The headlights work fine when they are turned on manually. Anybody had a problem like this? I used the search to find other autolamp problems, but couldnt find anything of any help.

I am having a problem with my 97 Mountaineer. My prblems is different from your's as mine will stay on. I can't even turn them off with the switch on the mirror. The only way to get them to shut off is by pulling the fuse.

First off there should be some wires on the back of the mirror thatcome down from the headliner and plug in, make sure that they are in correctly. Also make sure the windshield in front of the sensor is good and clean, the sensor is located right underneath the mirror mount. Post back if that doesnt help.

yah, that doesnt really help in my case. the mirror part works fine. it turns the autolamps on when its dark and off when its light. you can see the yellow light turn on. but even when the mirror turns the autolamp on, the headlights do not come on.

Back