Automatic climate control issue | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Automatic climate control issue

BUT... please restate what you are actually "chasing" now after parts replacements and other things.... IF I follow the posts, you are not getting AC function... as in no compressor action. Check the circuit going thru the compressor to see what is happening and why? IF that is the case (no AC AND no codes), it is likely your issue isn't with the control module or fan speed module.

AC compressor clutch is cycling.

Started with blower motor running all the time but COULD adjust temp up & down but would not shut off at all. Replaced the blower control module. Now i am able to shut everything off, but when on will only blow heat, no AC. When i run the self test I do not get any codes, just the whole screen lighting up. I can however hear somthing moving in the plenum behind the glove box. Sounds like the blend door moving. I would assume you wouldn't hear the actuator moving, would you? The system WILL switch between all settings (floor, vent, defrost etc), but will only blow hot air.

Thanks for the clarifications... If the compressor is cycling often, you have a low "freon" issue which may or may not be combined with a possible blend door issue... which on various failures is not "absolute" (ie. not working at all)... the "teeth" of the "gear" break so you may still hear a actuator operation in some form.

Finally put a manifold set on and the AC is charged up fine. Took the actuator off & made sure that was working correctly, it is. So finally I got PO’ed enough that I drilled a hole right behind the glove box & used a buddy’s snap on camera thingy & stuck in there, and low and behold, the blend door is the problem. It does move but then it jumps so I’m guessing that it is cracked. New blend door will be here today, going to go by a roto zip this afternoon and see how bad I can screw this up.

Thanks for all the help everybody.

Ryan

Back