Automotive Customizers are willing to make us some snorkles. | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Automotive Customizers are willing to make us some snorkles.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

ditto what everyone else said. Someone has to live in FL

CougarX said:
We'd need two volunteers, one for 1st gen and one for 2nd gen, since the intakes are on different sides and the fender profiles are different. I'd definately be in for a 2nd gen one as long as they are decently priced.

What about Gen 3's?

Rofocowboy84 said:
What about Gen 3's?

Why not??? I'm still waiting for them to chime in on this thread. I did send them a link??

i know it prolly wouldnt happen, but maybe he could go to a junkyard and get measurements? i really want one but i too live too far

too bad i got glass.. maybe someone in florida will read this thread and do it

But here is the thing I work for one of the biggest 4x4 shop in south FL.... I know the guy ,and he is nice but !!!!!!! He doesnt make then at his place nor does he make them! They are from airtec by Tjm and Tjm MAKES a snorkel for any explorer ! you just have the look for it harder! At his place he sells more parts then work and LOL someone need to buy tires for his Xterra ! I can get you the snorkel that fits your truck and year first gen are about $289. and the 2nd gen is about $340 !
But I will drive over and talk to him if you want and see what is going on !

P.S I dont want to be the A$$ Hole but I just wanted you to know !

91sasexplorer said:
But here is the thing I work for one of the biggest 4x4 shop in south FL.... I know the guy ,and he is nice but !!!!!!! He doesnt make then at his place nor does he make them! They are from airtec by Tjm and Tjm MAKES a snorkel for any explorer ! you just have the look for it harder! At his place he sells more parts then work and LOL someone need to buy tires for his Xterra ! I can get you the snorkel that fits your truck and year first gen are about $289. and the 2nd gen is about $340 !

gonna call tjm and verifiy that today.
Ph: +1 (865) 670-1556

91sasexplorer said:

Thats good info! Is there a web site where we can check out the snorkles?

I see the snorkel, but don't see any prices or an application guide. I clicked on "TJM Airtec Snorkels" and it basically just gives an overview of what the snorkel is and what benefits it has.

plate or tube bumper?

NOW I find a snorkel! I just got rid of my stock air intake box (kept it around just for a snorkel application). Has anyone put on this TJM one?

As for the bumpers, would this guy's shop, or your shop 91SAS, be making a plate or tube bumper? Would be totally interested in a plate bumper that could hold a winch. Rear bumper with a tire carrier and jerry can holder would be great, too!

We are a custom shop!!! We do what you want from all Fab to Bolt on's !!
There is a application guide on there you just have to look for it.. As far as have I done one on a explorer No YJ,TJ,one f-250. I have done a few But let me tell you,
When the onwer of the truck is standing there and you cut A big hole in the NEW TRUCK fender "the look on there face is priceless" LOL As far as prices go you may have to call someone like 4 Wheel parts. My work does not do internet sales or shipping !

http://www.tjm.com.au/brochures/courier.pdf

Heres the app guide for couriers/explorers. The only thing is that it is for the foreign models which could be quite a bit different mechanically. The snorkel shown is on the wrong (drivers) side for 2nd gens, but it also says that it shows a diesel model, which could be different.

Coming from teh nissan community on thier forums, Automotive Customizers aslo known as A/C doesnt make much of anything in house. He is like a retailer of odd parts.

mate , here in aussie you can't buy a snorkel any where so i made my own out of 3"stainless exh pipe .i'll keep this short. made a template out of pvc with all the angles etc using one pieceit was pressed to shape had a lot of sanding to do after had it dipped to bring out stainless shine using oe air box holesawed 3"hole rivetted 3"alum pipe to it silicone for seal used 2x3"rubber bendsthen sawed through rhs panel we're rhdrive here in aussie used 4 stainless bolts rubber washers stainless backing plate snorkel travels up the door pillar to the roof then a 3"air ram on top a k&n filter 3 1/2"maf ported mustang tbchanged exhaust to 2 1/2" mate now she has balls

Castees said:
NOW I find a snorkel! I just got rid of my stock air intake box (kept it around just for a snorkel application). Has anyone put on this TJM one?

As for the bumpers, would this guy's shop, or your shop 91SAS, be making a plate or tube bumper? Would be totally interested in a plate bumper that could hold a winch. Rear bumper with a tire carrier and jerry can holder would be great, too!
I have a custom bumper on my truck that you would love ,This bumper is the best I have ever scene But If I do like it I will throw it out or till you it sucks.. This bumper gives you better angle of approach and you can see you winch cable wine in very very nice I built 3 of them not all for explorer but very nice.. If I know how to post I would show you! As far as the snorkel goes,yea the gas explorer is on the drive side but the diesel one is on the passenger side and I dont see why it would not work with a little fab I am going to order one monday for my truck and see how it works out ! If someone wants to post for me I can e-mail you pics!

Can you post them on imageshack or another site like that? I wanna see some pics! :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

bmxking5 said:
Can you post them on imageshack or another site like that? I wanna see some pics! :)
I dont know much about that so!

Ok everyone I ordered one today should be here friday!
I am going to mudfest next week. So if I have time in that week I will install it !

Back