Autozone Heater Core.......... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Autozone Heater Core..........

Reaction score
City, State
SLC, UT
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 Ranger XLT
I put an autozone heater core in my Explorer. I honestly feel that the heat has decreased by 50-60%. It's terrible to be out in this cold weather, and getting LUKE WARM air. Is this a common problem? My friend has an 89 Ranger that used to put out air that was so hot, you couldn't hold your hand in front of the vents. Well, he put an Autozone heater core in it, and is experiencing the same dilemna. I am just curious if anyone else is getting the same results from this heater core. I remember comparing the 2, and thinking I was putting in a lower quality piece. Thanks guys! YOU RULE!!

Shane

The heater in our X's is pretty amazing. It blows a lot of hot air. For heater and air conditioning parts, I'd stick with OEM parts. see what price Torie at fordpartsnetwork.com can get you on one of these. Take the autozone one back.

I ran into this problem when I changed the heater core on our 1963 Galaxie. I put in a new (custom built) heater core.. and I didn't get any heat (very little).

What I did was disconnect the inlet hose from the heater core and turned on the car.. right away I knew what the problem was.. no water (very little) going to the heater core.. I cleaned out the connection on the motor (where the heater hose goes to) and the next time I turned it on.. lots of water.. Now the heater works great.

give this a shot.. at least then you will know if you putting hot water into the heater

Back